Amperage pull of a computer?

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 13:57:56 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

You are lost in your little world of confusion.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 11:44:30 -0500, Keith R. Williams Gave us:

You're right. What I am is an Electrical Engineer.

So f*ck off and die, KeithTard!

Reply to
DarkMatter

At least you've not lost your sense of humor. Take another hit, we're splitting our sides!

...just *so* original. Yawn.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

You'd be surprised at the opportunities that exist for both logical processors to dispatch in a Pentium 4 HT, even running one user and no CPU-eating apps like SETI or FOLDING.

One example: Printing (RIPping into the printer device context).

Reply to
Charles Perrin

No, actually the same lame, boring response his single neuron has fired a trillion times before. If DimBulb were the test for the Turing award, it would be a done deal. Though, so would a frog's nervous system.

Try googling "retard" against threads where Dimbulb has "contributed".

Each a signed "Tommy Chong"?

No, 15W puts him squarely in the P5 class. ...if you can believe the schtick.

Watch that! I use only the best: IBM Model Ms. My original '89 died, so I'm using a "new" '91 model. ...with a key missing, as I look at it (I'm sure the cats are having a ball with it). ;-)

You forgot: HUNGRY!

You got DimBulb down pat.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

Do you want to rephrase that? "No CPU eating apps like SETI"???? SETI is a CPU hog! The issue isn't system responsiveness, it's CPU workload, thus power consumption (and obviously power dissipation).

If you mean that SETI runs at low priority, well sure! However it *DOES* use CPU resources and thus generates heat (sucks power). ...and lots of it. Without it running you'll save a great deal of this power. Indeed, all of it if nothing is running and the system is powered down.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

Not too difficult to get this one down pat....He offers much fuel for the fire!....Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

Peerhaps he be a Tiknishun!.....Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

Uhhh....power strip....several outlets....computer in one and other devices in the other outlets.....Talk about confused.....Every electrician I have ever known, does not use a precision resistor to measure industrial or household current......Amp Clamp idiot...Remember the OP...though you are probably already lost in your drug induced fog.... The word Approximate!!!......Not exact like you and ehsjr are recommending......Buy a clue if you can afford it DimBulb......

Reply to
Ross Mac

That's why I said "special app".........take care, Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 21:07:01 -0500, Keith R. Williams Gave us:

Not here... Not ever...

Hahahahah.. Eggs won't hatch if their cold either.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 05:13:41 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

Yes, you retard! That allows any number of devices to be tested by merely plugging them in!

You couldn't be any more retarded.

That's right. They use expensive instruments that have been ruled out by the OP as a viable solution. Got clue?

Yeah... that guy that is NOT going to spend hundreds of dollars on an amp clamp.

No. I was and still am right on the money.

You really need help for the way you act when you are proven wrong.

Reply to
DarkMatter

message

You just made my point you ABSOLUTE fool. So now, you are going to plug multiple devices into your power strip with precision resistor in series.....How did you pick the wattage of the resistor...P=?E.....You just guessed.....Is that what you expected the OP to do....I smell smoke VillageIdiotMatter..... And as usual...your 15 word vocabualary is in tow...Never an answer....just Blather...No wonder you are known as Don'tMatter....because you don't...

Expensive instruments???.....Wrong again idiot....Ebay has several right now from $17 to $19 in a "buy it now" auction. Granted, an electrician would perhaps own a sturdier model, but for the OP...this would be fine...Then all he would need is a lamp cord......separate one of the lines and clamp.....APPROXIMATION....Your are so out in left field....Now you can spend the next 50 posts discussing the relative word "expensive".....

Read above....you are still the Village Idiot!

recommending......Buy a

Look in the mirror...that would be you!....Nice try.....Troll behavior #37.....

Reply to
Ross Mac

You really are a fool. SETI *does* run at the lowest priority possible.

Another laff, from DimBulb! The stupid bastard is trying to hatch an alien! Guffaw! You really are terminally stupid.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

No, trmallystoopidfuk. I wouldn't denigrate technicians like that. I've worked with some truly great ones.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

Ross, we gotta talk!

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

I have to agree....I have worked with some techs that would put DimBulb to shame... This whole thread reminds me of a Monty Python movie... Dimbulb has had his head handed to him but he continues.. In the movie do you remember the knight who just gotten both arms chopped off and says...."Go ahead, lob me bloody head off"....That would be our PeckerHeadedBlatherBoy!.............Ross the Exterminator!

Reply to
Ross Mac

Hey Keith, I have a temp email address that has about 2 days left till I change it again....shoot me an email.... wildturkey(at)att(dot)net....take care, Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:00:55 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

You're a goddamned retard, boy. It has been explained to you several times.

A ten watt resistor can handle 20 amps in this scenario.

A ten amp power strip can handle any number of AC powered devices up to the ten amp limit.

Are you starting to get a clue yet?

Reply to
DarkMatter

answer....just

Wrong again.....P=I^2*R....Therefore...400*.1 = 40 watts you fool......Try again

Yeah, I got a clue that you can't do simple arithmetic....Your keeping us all laughing PitifulMatter!

Reply to
Ross Mac