Best Rated threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Thermostat for laser printer fuser temp?
Fuser quit working on my laser printer. Removed the fuser and found that the snap-action bimetallic thermostatic switch for the fuser heating element is open-circuit. I removed it from the fuser and...
41
41

Analog out +/-10V, op-amp?
I have servo drives that take a +10V to -10V analog input. The +10V to -10V signal seems to be one of the standards for servo drives and I'm wondering if there are standard op-amp circuits to convert...

NEC Table 310.16 Conductor Size, OCPD, and Voltage Drop Calculator
Free Online JavaScript webpage calculator - Enter type of material - aluminum or copper, continuous and non continuous loads in amperes, type of conductor insulation, number of conductors in raceway...

Monitoring UK mains output
Hi, My parents are having trouble with a TV and freeview box that is plugged into a particular wall socket (I am UK based), the problem is that the freeview box keeps changing channels on its own and...
3
3

Where to find a Mershon Diagram
For many years the American Electrician's handbook has described the use of a Mershon diagram for finding voltage drop. The Diagram in the AEH is about 2 inches square. Does anyone know where a larger...
9
9

WTB Allen-Bradley Pub.1745-825
Looking for original or is the SLC Personal Computer Software Users Guide. Explains programming a SLC 100/150 with a Pc instead of using the pocket programmer. The Rockwell web sight no longer has...
3
3

Capacity of various Duracell AA cells?
It's hard work untangling Duracell's pruct range and the relative performance. I don't think Duracell are great value but they can be got anywhere and I want to know the relative merits of their...
71
71

surge protector question
If I plug my surge filter (Brick Wall Series by Price Wheeler) in a power strip in stead of directly into the wall outlet, does it (the Brick Wall) lose its effectiveness asgainst surges from...
34
34

What does this voltage arrow symbol mean?
When you try to convey a voltage drop across something, you sometimes draw a curved arrow. I'm just wondering how to properly read what the arrow means. If the curved arrow is 10 volts, is the head of...
5
5

hair dryer slower in new house
Sorry for the amateur question ahead of time :). I recently moved from an apartment to a house and my wife mentioned that the hair dryer doesn't 'blow' as hard as it did in the apartment. I laughed at...
13
13

GFI stop working after power out
My GFI outlet in the bathroom won't work after a power outage. After I got power back....(outside loss of power issue caused one leg of power to go to low voltage)...I reset the GFI button and the...
6
6

RCD questions with split-load consumer unit
Hi I'm not an electrician but I'm fairly competent with household wiring and after recently buying a new electric ceramic hob I realised my existing MCB consumer unit did not have enough ways as it is...
10
10

resistance of a tungsten filament?
When a tungsten filament is giivng off light, does its resistance vary significantly over a voltage range from 100V to 130V? On our pro video list we've been having a discussion concerning current...
23
23

Parajust AC variable frequency drive
Dear Sir We need urgently a complete electrical & electronic drawings for Parajust AC variable frequency drive, produced by Parametrics (a unit of ASEA USA), in order to fix one of our failure unit....
1
1

Substitute value for motor start capacitor?
My greenhouse fogger (think of an upward-facing fan sucking water out of a reservior and blowing it in the air) failed recently, and I found that the capacitor attached to the motor had exploded,...
6
6

Accumulating earth leakage not to be detected ?
If normal earth leakage detection level is 30mA, this probably is based on average 'dangerous current' ? But when several offices are fed from a single earth leakage detector, it is not appropriate...
2
2

Cleaning AC Power produced by cheap generator
I have a Coleman Powermate 5500W Generator. These are notorious for producing dirty power. I didn't know this until after I bought it and burned out some electronic equipment when I attached it to the...
13
13

Need Winding data for a Motor
I have an ELMO SA LR 15595 Single phase 60 hz motor. The motor type is CVE 132 F/2 -18-R-2T 3406. The motor is a 3450-330 RPM that draws 9.5- 4.1 Amps. I am requesting the winding data and all...
2
2

Battery conditioner for 18v DeWalt
Objective: Looking to buy for or assistance with building a battery conditioner for an 18v DeWalt sawzall. Background: I'm a volunteer fire fighter and on the rescue team of a fire and rescue...
6
6

Current capacity of multi-strand versus single-strand
Would a multi-strand flexible wire have the same current carrying capacity as a solid single stranded cable of the same cross section. For example ... a multi-strand with a cross section for its wire...
19
19