Cable Specification

How all power cables are designated. For e,g Aluminum - XLPE - Armoured cable is designated as AYFY - in cable manufacturer catalogue please explain the nomenclature for designation various Electrical cables. Is there is any web site for the same please provide me

Reply to
Govind

XLPE is Cross Linked Poly Ethylene (insulation)

AYFY looks like a U/L listing classification but AC cable is AWEZ in my "white book" I am guessing it is a not-USA type of cable?

Reply to
gfretwell

Yeah it is European standard and as per Indian Standard

Reply to
Govind