CardBus/ PCI addressing

I am working on a project in which I will be interfacing to a Cardbus/PCMCIA device and do not completely understand the addressing scheme. I've been told that it is the same as addressing a device using PCI, but I can't seem to find any good documentation that explains it. I know that a 32-bit address dword proceeds the data, and in that one address phase, the correct device should respond (by asserting devsel#). But how do I know the device's address and how does that map into the 32-bit address dword? Could it be that approx 4-bits or so select the device and the rest of the address lines give the actual address that you want to talk to within the desired device? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Regards, Adam Kumpf snipped-for-privacy@mit.edu

Reply to
Adam Kumpf