Interfacing camera

Dear Group,
I have a question. I have an old Logitech Quick Cam(USB) and I would like to ask you how it works? Has anybody a data sheet for it and is it possible to
interface it with a PIC microchip just to receive the picture I would like then to transmit wireless the data to the PC and generate the picture? I am sure it must be possible because this camera is able to work over the RS232 interface but it requiers some cables I don't have. I hope you can help me out.
Best regards, Refik Hadzialic
The people at http://qce-ga.sourceforge.net/ might be able to help you as they write the linux quickcam driver so they should know how it works at least. But i don't think logitech released the specs to them on how the compresion works so might be a little slow. If you do find out how to do this could you please post back to the list as i would be interested.
Refik Hadzialic wrote:

Thank you James. I asked Daniel one of the creators of linux drivers for the quick cam. I will add his reply:
Hi, .. i've never listen that is possible to connect USB QuickCam to a parallel port (may be possible, but i don' t know how).
I am sorry regarding information about driving the camera. Logitech doesn' t provide any documents about that. I' ve sniffed the binary packet outside the USB port with a software called "USBSnoopy" and i' ve decrypted the communication protocol. I didn' t write any documents explaning the protocol, i've only implemented the Linux driver by adding every time new discoveries. I think I had a lot of fortune to reach getting a driver working.
Good luck. .... daniele
Best regards, Refik Hadzialic

like
picture