Computer to Scart

Is there a coverter that I can use to convert the monitor output on my laptop to a scart signal to plug into my TV

I'm in the UK.

Is there a circuit I could build or a device I could buy ?

Cheers.

Stubby Secker.

Reply to
Bobby Secker

Google "VGA SCART"

John

Reply to
John Nice

Just to add - if the OP does so, he will find the circuit he wants:

The electronics is trivial - what tends to be difficult is getting the right software settings to produce a reasonable display. Plus, when you do so, the result is still disappointing. Many of the settings are not only critical, but far from obvious to set.

That is why the commercial units do far more in hardware, including image size adjustment and pan/scroll/zoom functions.

An option that the OP should consider is not to use the laptop monitor out, but buy a USB2 video device. This will both produce as good a picture on both TV and laptop, simultaneously, but will allow both screens to be used as they should - eg working on the laptop screen, whilst using the extended desktop on the TV for things like watching movies - or simply use as a place to store open documents not currently being worked on..

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindrome

Read information on conversion involved at

There is information, links to products, circuit to build etc..

Reply to
Tomi Holger Engdahl