Crimped and soldered terminals

Is there a way of complaining about fools such as Roy and having a host search for his ISP address and sending the Feds around to have him incarcerated under some Mental Health Act?

Reply to
Billy H

This seems a little odd on the one hand after what was said earlier. The solder, theoretically, reduces surface area and hence ups the area the electrons are resisted on thereby increasing temperature.

On the other hand however, I suppose the thermo-electric properties of the solder would be different to that of the wire and hence create a different heat.

Just out of interest, where in the circuit were you testing the temperature? and was it different at different points throughout?

I am convinced

Reply to
Billy H

"Billy H" wrote in

Another thing I do is kill file anyone that proves to be an abusive idiot... the first time I see them respond that way to some other person. Its not like the abuse is a rare anomaly, those types screw up everything they touch.

I don't wait until they crap on my plate directly. thats been a relief.

Sometimes I log on and go through my news groups and kill file anyone that seems to have been simply dull or pedantic over time.

That way I end up with a very pleasant and enlightening read every day, I feel better, I am nicer to my customers and they pay me well as a result.

Putting up with jerks to any degree at all has many hidden liabilities.

There have been some recent studies reported in the main line news that simply seeing or being around when some jerk attacks another person... creates great stress. all unnecessary of course...but grossly damaging to ones health and career none the less.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

"Billy H" wrote in

No. Only if they libel you then it will take a lot of money to sue them. The only effective cure is a kill file...it works every time.

what balls up most people when a jerk spins or discredits them, they feel they must correct the damage somehow....

it takes years to learn that in short order others on the NG see the bogus tactics and shine all that on.... the best response is to kill file and then post well on the general topic in a separate thread.

that makes it all clear.... regardless of the sociopaths dancing around the edges.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:14:20 -0800, "Phil Scott" Gave us:

You'd better call Kervorkian then.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:14:20 -0800, "Phil Scott" Gave us:

Like you, with your soldered terminals.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:14:20 -0800, "Phil Scott" Gave us:

You do a fine job of that all by yourself.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:14:20 -0800, "Phil Scott" Gave us:

Jeez, God is gonna zap yer lame ass with the lightning bolt of hypocrisy any second now...

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:14:20 -0800, "Phil Scott" Gave us:

BWUAhahahahahah!

Filter your news, and you filter your mind, and not in a good way, idiot.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:19:53 -0800, "Phil Scott" Gave us:

Not even then, you RETARDED ASSWIPE!

Otherwise, you dug your own grave in that respect.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:19:53 -0800, "Phil Scott" Gave us:

That must be your new nym!

snipped-for-privacy@philscott.net

Bwuahahahahahah!!!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

One thing that is a pain after the killfile is others who have not killfiled the person. I can still pick up lunacy regardless of the killfile, and further annoyance is caused by the fact of good information continuing to be posted in a thread which has a gremlin attacking it.

As you say, opening another thread is likely the best way. Good advice again. :o)

happy newsgrouping!

Billy H

Reply to
Billy H

Actually, the "best" solution isn't even the killfile: It's to learn and train yourself to be able to simply ignore them. As another poster said, the ignorants and anti-socials are pretty easily identified and it doesn't take long before people realize who and what they are and that their inputs aren't worth reading, believeing or hopefully, even responding to. If -everyone- would ignore them, they would actually go away quicker, usually after a final childish tantrum. They feed off responses, and feel especially powerful when they've managed to bother someone, which often is their only purpose.

For whatever reason this group isn't very adept at ignoring the trolling/anti-social/hate mongering/whatevers of the world, so there are more here than there could be. I'll even engage them myself once in awile simply because people won't ignore them, and occasionally mange to get the riled up on purpose. It's an easy way to "expose" that sort of twit .

So, IMO at least, just ignore them and keep your skin on the thick side when you're on the newsgroups. There are lots worse groups than this one, believe me.

HTH,

Pop

Reply to
Pop

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:51:31 GMT, "Pop" Gave us:

Like you did for the last couple weeks?

I notice that you STILL have yet to actually discuss the topic you so readily ran away from.

Oh... that's right... it is "open to interpretation".

Bwuahahahah!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

You can also selectively reply in a thread the jerk is posting, just cut copy paste the remark you want to respond to... then create a new thread with an appropriate subject line to address that issue.

It takes a while to figure out the actual damage these people can do with their attacks... once you see that clearly enough you wont read their remarks when someone else responds to them

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

DimBulb, did it really take you *five* tries to post this drivel?

Reply to
Keith

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:46:25 -0500, Keith Gave us:

Fuck off, little boy. I only posted THAT POST one time.

If my bulb is "dim" as you say, yours has had a broken filament for decades running.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

You sliily wabbit, you answered _one_ post *five* times. Can't you keep your mini-mind straight long enough to answer at one sitting?

Folks, google DarkMatter and "dim-bulb". The moron doesn't think a 100W lightbulb heats a room as fast as a 100W heater, hence the dim-bulm moniker.

What a Maroon!

Reply to
Keith