Generator Voltage Regulation

I have a 5kW portable generator that is driven from a 10hp gas motor. There was a problem with it not producing voltage. I took the
alternator apart and decided to get a new stator and rotor. (for other reasons) The "new" (actually used) came from another same brand same size generator. There is a slight difference in the parts however. The stator and the rotor are 1/2" shorter. This would make the entire length of wire shorter for the rotor and the stator. After installing the new parts I can't seem to get 240v. I can get 120v-120v but no 240v. Here is the way the old one is wound. How does this thing regulate voltage. And how does it excite the rotor. Do I need to change the Capacitor size for the shorter alternator parts? HELP
OHM READINGS: Cap wires 1.7 ohms BLK-ORNG .8 ohms GRN-RED .7 ohms
ROTOR: 200 turns of wire on each side.one end of both sides of the wire is soldered together, the other end of the wires are soldered to a diode (cathode) and then the other side of the diode (anode) is connected via a metal plate to the previous soldered wires. (the first set) The diode is an IXYS DSA17-16A
STATOR: 36 slots Capacitor wires: In on slot 9(22 turns)28 to 29(22 turns)8 to 30(22 turns)7 to 25(22 turns)2 to 26 (22 turns)1 to 27(22 turns)10 out
240 vac Red to Black 120vac red to green 120vac black to orange
Green and orange tied together in connection box.
Red in on 31(13 turns 2wires per turn)24 to 32(13 turns 2wires per turn)23 to 33(13 turns 2wires per turn)22 to 34(13 turns 2wires per turn)21 to 35(13 turns 2wires per turn)20 to 36(13 turns 2wires per turn)19 out on Green
Black in on 13((13 turns 2wires per turn)6 to 14(13 turns 2wires per turn)5 to 15(13 turns 2wires per turn)4 to 16(13 turns 2wires per turn)3 to 17(13 turns 2wires per turn)2 to 18(13 turns 2wires per turn)1 out on Orange
P.S. YES I DID UNWIND THE STATOR AND ROTOR TO GET THE DATA....whew what a pain
Global Energies wrote:

UNBELIEVABLE !! Pull the ripcord before it's too late !
--
Cheers ............. Rheilly P

You know I thought I would get some intelligent responses, but guess not. Well I guess all you guys are soo smart you have nothing helpful to say.
Global Energies wrote:

Are you saying that you are measuring 240 VAC between Red and Black?