Image Processing

Hello
I am working on a project with a CMU camera, I am supposed to perform object detection(shape), camera has built in logic for color detection
and frame differencing. But in order to get few frames of my choice I need a controller with enough memory. I cannot use FPGAs. I have got to use a cheaper microcontroller to perform this. Anyone has any idea what can be done?
Thank you for your response.
regards Fuad