"Insulgrip" hs tubing -- specs?

Googled but can't find voltage insulating value for HS-105 tubing.

Anybody know the answer? Or point me to the manufacturers web site?

Thanks.

Reply to
DaveC

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Thanks for that.

Dielectric strength listed as 1083 vpm. What's vpm? Volts per mm? Mil? The size I'm working with is 1/16 which has wall thickness (after shrink) is

0.020 in (0.51 mm). What's the dielectric strength for this?

Thanks,

Reply to
DaveC

? "DaveC" ?????? ??? ?????? news: snipped-for-privacy@news.sf.sbcglobal.net...

's either volts per meter, or volts per mil.

Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Hello Dave,

This is probably V per Mil, so this converts to 40 kV/mm (so that is

20kV for 0.51mm). Is there a safety issue in case of insulation failure? If so, please familiarize yourself with the basic principles of electrical safety.

Some Keywords: functional, basic, double and reinforced insulation, over voltage category, installation class, EN60950 (safety for ICT), clearance, creepage distance.

Best regards,

Wim PA3DJS

remove first three letters of alphabet and the PM is OK.

Reply to
wimabctel

I would interpret that (using your numbers) that the typical breakdown would be around 20kV using some standardized test method (eg. ASTM), so it ought to protect against most static electricity or whatever.

But note that CSA rates it at only 600VAC, and that kind of rating would be much more appropriate where power and safety are concerned.

If your product has to meet specific safety standards, now would be the time to familiarize yourself with the actual requirements.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

-=-=-=-

No Wim, no safety issue. Voltage is 300 VCD. I just wanted to know what the safety margins were.

Thanks to you and the others for your help.

Reply to
DaveC

and how did they get 4 siginificant figures for that datum?

Reply to
Jasen Betts

I think it's like the tourist maps where they tell you the distance to a landmark is 3.7282 miles (6 km) away.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

They tried metricizing road signs over here, and they made signs with things like "Speed limit 55 MPH/88.513 KPH" and "Exit Lane 1/4 mi./ .402 KM"

Have you ever noticed those top-posted things painted on the roadway?

AHEAD SIGNAL

XING PED

ONLY TURN RIGHT

Well, that last one kinda works either way around... ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Rich Grise wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@example.net:

That wasn't trying, that was trying not to. >:)

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

I like the pylons on the 747 used to transport the space shuttle. One reads "Attach orbiter here, black side down" and the other reminds "Righty tighty, leftie loosie".

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa