Is this an ink flow sensor? (Ink Jet printer)

DaveC wrote:

Can you take some measurements to figure out what it is? I would try ohms and diode check between the pairs of pins, that ought to provide some clues.

No diode effect measured. Resistance between each of the 6 pairs of "probes" is 100K ohms. This, of course, is the measurement of the parallel SMD resistor.
Note, there is only one sense conductor per color, and one Vcc (or Gnd -- haven't delved into the assembled and powered printer to determine this).
So, heaters are out of the question.
Would a centimeter of ink be in the neighborhood of 100K ohms? This, in parallel with the SMD resistor, would create a 2:1 change in the voltage across them when ink flows in the tube.
Just measured tap water, submerging DMM probe tips in a beaker: 300K ohms across ~0.75 inch (~2 cm). (Don't have any ink lying around to measure.)
I'm tempted to just add 50K ohm resistors parallel to the probe connections and see what happens.
Ideas?
Thanks.

A correction: R1, R5, R6 measure 100K; R2, R3, R4 measure 200K. This is true of 2 different PCBs (the "subject" printer and a used spare), both from printers with the same error code.
Maybe a manufacturing error (ie, these were supposed to all be the same value)?
Ideas?
Thanks.
DaveC ha scritto:

Hi. In that printer there is a sensor that can verify the presence or air bubbles in the ink circuit. I don't know if your piece is that sensor, but there is. I am trying to fix a C6180 with the wll known ink system failure problem: i can't find the service manual but i think i can have a failure of the pump motor or of the circuit that control this motor. The pump is located (in my case) in the left side of the printer (facing the control panel) and (my thought) there is no sign of life of the related motor even if i switch off and on the printer. I am not sure about that: maybe this pump works only when a new set of cartridge is installed in the printer (initialization) but, in my case (following the instructions found on the net), i was not able to force a cycle to eliminate trapped air. If you have any solution, please, msg to me. Thx Slang

Check your mail.
Dace