Novice: Explain to me all there is to know about an integrator with a variable gain

Hello,

Can you tell me everything there is to know about these?

Thank you, Christopher Lusardi

Reply to
Chris

Hello,

Can you tell me everything there is to know about these? I think I've seen these in conversations on control theory. Is it that 1/S stuff etc.

What about MIN/MAX limiters, and one frame delays?

Is a MIN/MAX limiter like a minimum function in a computer language? Where a value under consideration would pass through the gate if it's between the min and max inclusive? Otherwise, a default value is output.

Are one frame delays a register that holds the value until the time of the delay is over? What is a frame?

Thank you, Christopher Lusardi

Reply to
Chris

You can get all this in a university course in control systems electronics.

Reply to
The Real Chris

No! No one knows that much!

-- Ferme le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Sure: 47

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

O'kay straighten me out of my understanding of an integrator with a variable gain. I went to my extensive library collection of 600 books and this is what I think I saw. I saw 2 definitions of what I assume to be the same thing. They used examples. :-)

(1) If you take the Fourier (or maybe Laplace) Transform of equation described via Circuits 101 steps and you have a term 1/S then that's an integrator?

(2) It's an actual mathematical integration operation being performed to determine the output voltage of a circuit?

Help with intuitive specifics of this, Chris Lusardi

Reply to
Chris L