Omron PLC Help....

Hi all;
I have an Omron C200 processor that is password protected. The programmer is long gone and they need to make some changes to the program. There are
no copies of the program that I can see, only whats in the processor memory.
Is there a way I can get into these without clearing the memory?
Thanks in advace; Steve-o

memory.
I do not think so. Better call Omron and ask if there is a back door. A lot of manufactures place back doors in just for this reason. Other wise I hope you have a printed copy of the program. Or better yet a saved copy on disk some where.

programmer
are
lot
hope
If you gain access to the PLC program data make a backup copy before you do anything else!
Many vendors of equipment supplied as a turnkey package will password protect the PLC, and not supply the program data. This, in most cases, is a vehicle to lock you into acquiring replacement supplies and services from them. I believe that placing into the purchase specs. a requirement to use the PLC brand (and other devices) that is consistent with others in use at your site, and supplying a backup copy of the software used, to be more attainable before the purchase contract is signed than after.
As SQLit intimates, having access to the PLC program is of great value when the PLC of a mission critical piece of equipment goes South. It allows the return to production in a much more timely fashion. Even if you don't do the work in-house having the program data available for the repair tech is a time saver.
Louis

If you have an IO list (or can make one) hire a programmer to rewrite the program, and document it. The cost of the programmer will pay back the first time or two it breaks down.
On a side note, I don't see how these suppliers get away with this. If I told a customer that he wasn't getting any access to HIS program, I would probably be escorted off the site. As for turn-key stuff, I would think any gain you get for the program being private would be quickly wiped out by the ill will when the customer built another machine.