power tool nightmare

I was just given 3 sack fulls of used and abused Hitachi and Bosch angle grinders, unfortunatly they are all in bits, waiting repair. I know the minimum of electrics, but i do understand how these brush motors work, so i need to know how to test the motor components, armatures, feil coils ect, for burn outs, shorts ect, before i start putting them together, i hope at least one or two grinders will come out of it, i have a multimeter, patience, and an understanding wife!

Reply to
Motor

Generally, Electrical testing is not safety testing. I'd say that other than a visual/mechanical inspection (or in some cases a hi-pot) there's not much more you can do. If you can put this stuff together and power it up your 90% finished.

Reply to
fabbl

Reply to
Motor