Reverse Sense TNC Connector

This is the third attempt to post this message. If this one posts, that means that the word $e* in a title or body of a message keeps it from posting.

I need a reverse-sense (reverse-$e*) TNC cable connector. Where you normally have a pointed male pin as the center conductor, I need the female pin in that location.

Pasternack has them for $15, but they have a $100 minimum. That's a lot of $15 connectors to waste.

Anybody else got another source?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Weir

Forgive me if you've seen four identical posts like this. I have absolutely no idea what is wrong with my newsreader, but it seems not to like posts to these groups.

I need a reverse-sense TNC cable connector...where you would expect the male pointed pin to be there needs to be a female pin.

Pasternack has them for $15, but they also have a $100 minimum. That's a lot of $15 adapters. Anybody else got another source?

Jim Jim Weir (A&P/IA, CFI, & other good alphabet soup) VP Eng RST Pres. Cyberchapter EAA Tech. Counselor

snipped-for-privacy@rst-engr.com

Reply to
Jim Weir

All your posts have shown up here (news.west.cox.net)... must be your own news server that blanks you seeing it.

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Thanks...I'll have a word with my ISP to find out what is happening. Sorry to waste the bandwidth.

Jim

Jim Thompson shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:

->All your posts have shown up here (news.west.cox.net)... must be your

->own news server that blanks you seeing it.

->

-> ...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Weir

This is such an abstruse requirement for information it may require a request to the Universal Library of Knowledge Research Service:

the keywords are "reverse polarity."

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

The root of your problem is most probably the word "sex" on the subject...

Reply to
Steve Sousa

Reply to
Pellucid

No, the wireless LAN stuff has reverse-polarity connectors on it. All of mine are reverse-polarity SMA, but they're certainly there.

Wait a year and Digi-Key will have them.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I just did a Google for "reverse polarity TNC" and see lots of $3 to $5 connectors at catalog houses like Mouser etc. These seem to be popular for WLAN for some reason.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Yeah, I did too. I grew up in a microwave lab where they were always referred to as "reverse-sex" devices, and reverse polarity was reserved for bassackwards batteries. "Reverse polarity connector" got me about a hundred hits.

Thanks, gang...

Jim

snipped-for-privacy@trailing-edge.com (Tim Shoppa) shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:

->