Tesla Secret

On 11/27/2010 02:36 PM, Texas Cable Guy wrote:

Hello, all, and FWIW a recent reply of mine to a post on sci.physics.electromag:
Hello, and Nikola Tesla, while arguably one of the world's great inventors, is often associated with, for lack of a better term, fantastic/sci-fi devices. Tesla himself is partly to blame since he made claims for some of his more exotic devices (e.g. a handheld oscillator that could bring down a bridge) that were never demonstrated. Another problem is that biographies on Tesla (e.g. Margaret Cheney's book) aren't written by folks with sufficient technical knowledge IMO to separate the wheat from the chaff. Whether or not this is a deliberate attempt to sell more books I can't say. Kind of like the Syfy channel's "Ghost Hunters" show. Is it really science or more for pure entertainment? (The hosts are Roto-Rooter plumbers by day if that means anything.)
As any EE like myself knows, Tesla's contributions to A.C. power generation, distribution and utilization are real, practical, and well-documented. A unit for magnetic flux density takes his name. His experiments in high-frequency A.C. also added to our knowledge of electrophysics. Can't we just let it go at that and let the man RIP?
Now, can I interest anyone in capacitors for residential power factor correction? Gar-on-teed to lower your monthly bill. Hmm, ads for that kind of stuff seem to have evaporated of late. Sincerely,
--
John Wood (Code 5520) e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Naval Research Laboratory

Not surprising ! A waste of time since domestic users aren't charged for Wattless current !
--
Best Regards:
Baron.
J. B. Wood wrote:

When I graduated as an EE I didn't know about anything but the Tesla coil (which came from reading magazines).
Tesla also has some of the basic patents on radio (at least in the US). Marconi infringed on them. Tesla's priority wasn't determined by the US Supreme Court until after World War 2.

There was a true believer here about 2 years ago. Questions come up at alt.home.repair periodically.
--
bud--

Interesting discussion.
Here is my million dollar idea. Whoever gets it going can just give me a nod while I watch you receive the Nobel Prize.
What about putting billions of these things everywhere? They can line all of the highway surfaces in all the big cities. They can be placed on every walking surface in high traffic areas (stadiums, airports, bars (dance floor!), even on all the sidewalks near Times Square in NYC!
They will be able to power all the surrounding devices. On highways, They will power the streetlights, taking full advantage of charging all day when the lights are off. In an airport They can power the fluorescent lighting. In a stadium, They can power the Jumbo-Tron monitor.
They are basically going to be reclaiming wasted energy. Have you ever been pulled over on the side of a busy highway and got out to change a tire? You can 'feel' the enormous amount of energy passing all around you, vehicles weighing 3k-6k lbs. are zipping by at 80 MPH. It's a scary feeling, knowing you're defenseless against all that kinetic energy only feet away.
Thanks for reading this far. I will tell you what They are some other time.
Just joking.
Here are They: http://www.physikinstrumente.com/en/products/piezo/piezo_actuator_selection.php#bend
What is the consensus? Will They work? Does this solve the energy crisis?
--
You'll be Ok, Enjoy. Life is nothing more than a bunch of mini
vacations all rolled into one. - Old Gringo

Piezo crystal generators.
--
Stuart Winsor

Midland RISC OS show - Sat July 9th 2011

Gonna change the world.