Three beacons burning my head while I try to sleep

There's no way you can reason with people like this, John. One of the chief characteristics of this disorder is the unshakable self-belief these people exhibit. They simply will *not* accept that they are the ones at fault. You might as well try pissing into a force 12 gale. For a prime example of a persistent, long-term offender in this respect and to see how frighteningly impervious to reason these people can be, check out this link about the notorious nutter, Mike Corley (but the tip of an iceberg...)

Paul Burridge

Isn't it amazing that you have stated quite unconsciously what is exactly applicable to your own posts !

Paul Burridge wrote:

Reply to
news2020

Newsie is either trolling, in which case all of our witticisms serve only to provide him or her with entertainment, (It is a 'him' isn't it? I can't actually recall seeing any evidence one way or another.) or he actually believes that there is a conspiracy against himself. In this case, anything we post that conflicts with his beliefs will be evidence (to him) that such a conspiracy in fact exists.

If anyone believes that its the first case, then have fun. Otherwise, consider what might happen if he either snaps and does something stupid or if he suffers a complete breakdown. Either way, a smart lawyer might go looking for anyone who contributed to his condition and who has sufficiently deep pockets.

We might all be better off just to let him post and let it go at that. Read them for entertainment if you want. But replies just seem to be wasted bandwidth.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Actually the first post this Silly Season by him was a bit out of character; a little too coherent. That's not surprising after a full semester at primary school. However he's back into character now. I definitely lean towards 'troll'.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Oh my John,

NEWSIE and Paul are ganging up on you. What *will* you do? Will you survive? Do we have to wait until *NEXT WEEK* for the conclusion? Oh, I'm on the edge of my seat! Oh, the humanity!!!

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

Two peas. Now go pod-off.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

It sounds like you suffer from the mental illness of schizophrenia. You should go see a doctor about these problems and they will prescribe medication that will help you stop your delusional thinking. Give the medicine a try for one month to see what happens. Otherwise you will suffer for years with these delusions and they will make you miserable

Reply to
Keith

The 'at will' electrocution and shooting continues. Last night too.

Cars come and park in Los Esteros or on Mckay Dr nearby and start shooting and electrocuting as if they have the right to injure at will. eg. lic. 4JHF075 black Toyota Corolla 'Magnussens Toyota' was shooting at me last night (Indian/Pakistani type youth).

At night - #1290 (Taiwanese), #1291 (white killer and Japanese) and 1295 (Vietnamese with all kinds of Koreans, white, Cambodians etc. 'house-sitting' and electrocuting killers) - these people are active as well activating sources in the sky to shoot at my head. Shooting through the head causes pain in the feet due to nerve injury !

My intestinal bleed is still healing three days after the injury.

It was caused by a soft beac> There must be a lot more victims who are not even aware of what is

Reply to
news2020

Good! Carry on.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

I wish #1295 would hurry up and install the power booster they bought. It is about time the damage levels were increased....significantly.

Reply to
Charles Perry

DAILY REPORT : ELECTROCUTION AND SHOOTING FROM SKY

Here are three cars that were electrocuting me pretty badly last night from Los Esteros Apts. parking lot :

3JLJ477 Grey Chev Camaro rebuilt body unpainted, White youths resident of #1025 McKay, possibly brothers of white youth son of #1053 McKay primary perpetrators.

4YCW978 White Hyundai Accent GL, residents of #1025 McKay 'San Jose Evergreen Community College' ...

2 Filipino/Cambodian/Hawaiian type youths and woman too.

2XEV295 White Plymouth Grand Voyager LE - hispanic young man pretending to jumpstart another black Chev Lumina lic. 3XND232 - another hispanic youth.

All three vehicles were participating in electrocuting me in my home while several planes (3-8) were flying overhead in big loops and also straight towards West, North etc. and also shooting from horizon level from the Western sky. All these planes were involved in shooting directly at me, presumably using the targeting beacons from the cars as a guide.

This is what the crim> The 'at will' electrocution and shooting continues. Last night too. >

Reply to
news2020

As you are not dead yet, you cannot describe these individuals as "killers".

Ed

Reply to
Ed Price

Reply to
Andrew Knox

(... I took the one less traveled by.)

This series of postings handily illustrates a persistent lesson from the last 20 years of the Usenet (which is to say, since it became widely available to the public in the middle 1980s, albeit some of them ignored it for years). That is, most of the dross comes from a small fraction of contributors, some of them even sincere. (It's like the remarks of a science writer in _Technology Review_ a few years ago of the untold risk of becoming known to the public as a science writer. You suddenly attract mail from a whole underground of people you never knew existed, who have Grand Theories of Everything, and Time On Their Hands.) Surely the WWW Internet interfaces have been a mercy to science writers, siphoning cranks off to their own colorful Web sites. Some of them develop Followings (and who knows, in the US one of them may someday be elected President, by a public that will then complain about the results). But those who can't afford Web sites end up Here.

The Usenet that you are now reading (even those of you who got to it through some portal and don't realize what it is) illistrates the tragedy, Greek sense, of anarchic communities in which _almost_ everyone co-operates. The same could be said, at least historically, of the newsgroup creation process, in which a few people wth agendas or lack of sense of compromise made trouble for everyone else. Leads one to wonder whether there is a modified form of anarchy where concerted consensus can somehow deal with the troublesome 10%. (Where are the ancient Greeks when we need them, they were good at that kind of analysis.)

An old friend of mine who became quite high at IBM (in the management sense) told me, maybe 1990, of a capable senior engineer pleading with him "give me twelve silver bullets, and I could improve this plant's productivity overnight." Similar concept.

Reply to
Max Hauser

The greeks were into stoning... maybe that explains their success. I've actually seen a couple of usenet stonings, and it isn't a pretty sight.

The fact that people can't use physical stones makes folks like news2020, who seem to be oblivious to ridicule, impervious to the stones that can be thrown through a wire...

Reply to
Robert C Monsen

I have had this happen to me. People that are having this problem, please email me so we can have a conversation. snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com God Bless and know you are not alone. Peace.

Reply to
Chris Miconi

It's called a "filter"- every newsreader has one, and there is a reason for that- you might get a clue. What you call "concerted" is gang harassment- watch that you don't post enough information for someone to find you if you do that, someone may just get dead serious about off-ing your pompous ass.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

[snip]

This society has always had versions of this kind of person. Some stand on soapboxes on street corners and shout. What surprises me is how many people shout back, rather than just walking by.

Hmm. I had a friend who offered to clean up his company. All he said he needed was one clip in a .45.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.