What is Electrical Engineering???????????

Electrical Engineering is the application of the principles of physics, mathematics and the properties of materials in order to anticipate the exact moment at which smoke will come out of some device.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Bullshit. The same garbage was spewing out of CBS news when the "ARABS" were taking over, then the "JAPs", and every other chicken-little scenereo. If you're to dumb to get a job, simply live on whatever welfare you can squeeze out of the working man and STFU.

Reply to
Keith

I'd hang up your language (whatever it is) now and use English from now on though. Employers don't bother trying to decode textmessagese on resumes.

Reply to
Keith

s/the exact moment at which/whether ...ideally ;-)

Reply to
Keith

Hey cluless and out of touch...

Need more??? Quit spreading your rightwing shit-for-brains disinformation or lies or whatever you want to call it. The trends speak for themselves.

...and BTW, that is "too" not "to" as you have written in your idiotic post. Learn how to write!

AND........I have a job, that you very much.

Keith wrote:

Reply to
Igor The Terrible

Nope, no need to listen to the leftist freak shows.

I like to call it the "truth", something you leftists wouldn't know anything about.

Quit listening to Air America and get a job.

Ah, so you do have some skills. I wonder what a spell-checker and netkop pays?

Stop whining then. ...and stop top-posting, moron!

Reply to
Keith

Well, it's quite obvious you are dumber than I gave you credit for...that said and being republican is certainly no way to go through life.

TRUTH.......? ROTFLMFAO!!!!! You SFB rightwing inbreeds wouldn't know the meaning of truth even if it bitch slapped the dogshit out of you and bit you on the ass. Hmm...no credible sources to back up your claims? Oh....that's right you right wings don't need that. After all, if your fearless leader conned this country into going to war with facts and intelligence that was thinner than piss on a rock, why would any of his groupies even bother?

Hmm... I see reading isn't one of your stronger qualities either; but then, that's synonymous with morons. You know...kinda like your brain dead poster boy Sean Insanity.

Talk about whining...would you like a little cheese to go with yours? ...and do something with your short term memory. If you merely acquire the skills of chewing bubble gum and crossing the street at the same time, who knows they might have you running a cash register before you know it. Oh...BTW, that is what the wheel between your two buttons is for. It doesn't take much hand to eye coordination to use it effectively......you can do it!!

Igor

GOP = IOU ...andf a defaulted one at that.

Reply to
Igor The Terrible

what does this have anthing to do with the topic?

Reply to
Ray

Absolutely nothing. See my original post. The bottom line of it was...if you pursue engineering, do so with caution. It is not the profession it once was.

Ray wrote:

Reply to
Igor The Terrible

Actually, contrary to what the idiot "Igor" says, it has a lot to do with the subject. There are tons of jobs out there for the capable. There aren't any for the incompetent, nor should there be. There is no reason to tell people that engineering is a stupid profession to enter because the some "darkie" or "chink" is stealing all the jobs from the anointed "white" engineer. It may be a difficult profession, but it does pay if the investment is right.

The OP asked about the profession. "Igor" simply is a bitter, racist nitwit, and not helping the OP at all.

Reply to
Keith

this is a quite profound description of what an engineer does. we test the limits of possibility and we advise those who ask us how to achieve their dreams. what we do not do is resort to childish profanities in an attempt to sway the opinions of others when reason and fact are not enough. once one resorts to this all credibility is lost.

it is very difficult for an engineer in India on the phone to tell the operator of a sophisticated manufacturing process when it is about to start to smoke. there will always be a need for real engineers who can work with entrepreneurs to achieve their dreams, and technology has made more of those dreams realizable every day.

-bob

Reply to
bob mcree

This is certainly true professionally, but this *is* the Usenet. ;-)

Yes, and it's equally true that it's hard to manage a development project in 24 time zones. Note that Intel recently cashed in their Indian processor development project. We've had "issues" with Indian's as well (primarily once someone was trained, they were gone). The bottom line is that there is no shortage of jobs here in the US for those with the skills (public schools are more to blame than the "global economy"). A sheep's skin is no guarantee of the good-life and no one is guaranteed

*any* job.
Reply to
Keith

Civil's do a bit of electrics but not, as far as I know, as a matter of course, it seems something they have to learn for themselves. They tend to build power stations. Plus the maths they are taught is multi-disciplinary in so far as they learn the techniques in math which are applied to circuit design, although they are not told those equatoins apply to cicuitry.

Your father should know something of electrical engineering.

Reply to
Billy H

The primary problem with outsourcing is when you rely upon the engineering skills of a culture whose technology emits smoke under normal operating conditions.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.