Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

40-pin controller IC identity?
Haven't been able to identify this controller. Don't need replacement; it's got custom code, I'm sure. Would be nice to have pin IDs. It's from an old Clifford Intelliguard 200 car security system,...
23
23

Receptacle on kitchen peninsula
Hi, I think I asked a question here once before with great results. We are installing a peninsula in our kitchen and it will have the required receptacle where it meets the wall but I see now that I...
7
7

How do i build this?
Hi My name is Joel, i am a student studying 3d design in Auckland New Zealand, Now, i am wanting to build a device (i want it to be quite simple, if it can be...), i want a small microphone to pick up...
7
7

Which uController to learn?
PIC is king, I'm sure. But I'd like to hear from those who are using all brands. Whichever you use, what do you like about it? What don't you like about others? Suggestions re. learning? I've...
116
116

Jet 1442 Problem
I have the above woodturning lathe and it's been acting strangely all of a sudden. The complete sequence of events. - Lathe runs fine in the garage/shop, although not much time put on it. (bought it...
22
22

Alternative Automotive Electrical FuseRail for older model Holdens etc in Australia
Hi Chaps, About 3 1/2 years ago I designed an upgraded fuserail system for the Australian model Commodore vehicles the VK and VL series circa 1984-1988 where the fuserail is installed in engine bay in...

Joining 2.5mm T & E
Hi. Can anyone please advise me as to the accepted method of joining 2.5mm T&E cable in an office ring circuit please Thanks
6
6

MOSFET I vs. T curve
As junction temp increases, r goes up and I goes down, right? This must be a misprint: (This is IRFM150/2N7224) (see fig. 1 & 2 on p. 4). I think these 2 graphs are transposed. The higher condition...
8
8

MOSFET smd - six pins?!
RTQ035N03 in TSMT-6 smd 6-pin package: One pin each for source and gate. Four for drain. Is the number of drain connections simply for convenience of mounting/orientation? One wouldn't need four...
10
10

Digital Speedometer, Calibration, Report Writing
? "Apostrophe Police" ?????? ??? ?????? news: Well, I don't know about your side of the pond, but here we have to endure some very bad english (and some very bad greek, too).A good example are these...
11
11

Power Designs Bench PS: schematic?
Looking for schematic and/or manual for TP325 triple power supply. This is a 70's (?) lab bench supply. Like this: http://tinyurl.com/243y95
5
5

Outdoor LCD tv
I've went through a couple crt tvs on my patio. SunBrite sells an outdoor designed lcd tv for $2500. I like the lcd technology, have a hd lcd in the house. Don't want to cough $2k+ for an outdoor tv...
6
6

Ampere Turn in Electromagnet
I want to know ampere turn formula for using in electromagnet and the electromagnet will pickup iron piece from a distance which can be 100mm/200mm or any distance and design on 220 V DC. How I know...
9
9

12 V Computers
Hi, It occurs to me that a UPS is a device that takes AC current from mains and stores it in a battery. When the power supply fails, the stored battery power is converted back to AC to provide a...
24
24

Mini potentiometer w/switch?
Been looking for a miniature panel-mount pot (12 mm or alike) with single pole switch on the back (CCW = off). Not finding anything. All I see is those large 1W things.I've tried all the usual...
13
13