Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Loose micro USB cables
A new cable works wonderfully. For maybe 6 weeks. Then when I use the Samsung phone while charging... "Beep-boop, beep-boop?, charge indicator on, off, on, off. Over and over. Replace cable, all is...
21
21

Re: Schematics nomenclature
It looks like they are saying these pins go to the AC ground bus.

Medium Voltage Distribution
Hello, and a question for AC power systems engineers and linemen: I've seen of few instances in the U.S. (primarily in desert regions of California) where apparently a 3-phase, 3-wire MV system is...
11
11

FLOSS - [tlnomiva] : Transmission Line Nominal Values
[tlnomiva] : Transmission Line Nominal Values without Tolerance - from Cable Specifications and Technical Data Sheets : FLOSS for MS Windows: Source Download: Setup Download:

Electronic component suppliers
This Virtual Electronics Club Is Established To Build A Unique Electronics Culture Among Their Members Through Enhancing The Communication Between All Amateurs And Delivering All Required Services In...

What's wrong with this picture?
Neal McLain http://tabesh.edu.af/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/announcement-speakers-and-people.jpg
5
5

Weird piezo driver
This is a beeper piezo in a Fluke 117 DMM which quite beeping. Scoped the piezo?s pads and... nothing. An inverter (from the CD4069) is connected across the piezo. Guess I don?t understand anything...
6
6

House-sitting for millenials
?How do I turn off the bathroom light?? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbXWbQ-W8AAwSA8.jpg
5
5

repair APC Smart-UPS: any dangers lurking inside?
Moin My trusty old APC Smart-UPS SU-1500 is still working fine generally, only that the C13/C14 output jacks in the back (made from plastic) have become so brittle as to crumble under the slightest...
1
1

Wall warts
I'm a mechanical guy with a bunch of wall warts. They ranged in votage from 3 VDC to 5 VDC. Question is How can I connect a few (maybe 5 or 6) of the units together and provide something around 5 VDC...
1
1

Anyone Make Wireless Watt Meters That Consolidate Multiple Outlets Into Central Database?
Does anyone make a 125V wireless watt meter that would track energy usage of outlets over time, and then consolidate all of the sensor information into either PC software or a cloud-based monitoring...

Help with SMB BJT identification?
3-terminal (well 4, including the tab) SOT-89/TO-243 (4.5 x 2.5 mm) package. Marked: 2108A 2216/36 Thanks.
3
3

Replacement LED?
The LED in my flashlight is blinking (2/sec). It?s not the support circuitry (constant current): the voltage across the LED is constant 4v. I presume it?s a failure mode of the LED. It happens...
33
33

What's topping this power pole?
Cellular? Or...?
17
17

Design for Test Questions : Probing a Test point
What are the pros and cons between probing directly at a via and probing a dedicated test pin? How does the design for testability need to change as signal frequencies are in the higher ranges (>...
1
1