8720 motor --> alternatives

I am new on this group and I am looking for a motor for older Technic models. The part number on manuals is 8720. This motor is not still on trading. Can I use an other new motor? The most packs with 8720 i will get on e-bay are without the rubber band (You know, the connection between the drive gears or wheels)

Tom

PS: hope my english is good enough for the expert words

Reply to
Tom Strunz

That's not easy, the old one is much faster so you would have to redesign the gear train. And they are also of different shape.

Not all old models need the rubber belts (they are different from normal rubber bands, round and not so stretchy, which is better for drives). If you really need them you can try bying from bricklink.

Jürgen

Reply to
Juergen Stuber

Currently, there are 23 sellers on Bricklink with the motor for sale; some used and some new:

The yellow pulley belt is available from:

The blue pulley belt is available from:

The grey pulley belt is available from:

The inventory for set 8720 is at:

Grahame