Missing pieces from sets (or not)

It struck me a couple of days ago that, in 30-odd years of buying Lego sets, I have never once come across one with any missing pieces. And I don't
think there's a slip in the box saying "If any pieces are missing, call this number." Am I just lucky or does Lego have very admirable quality control?
--
Cheers - John Mycroft
coryton_at_cobbsmill_dot_com
John Mycroft wrote:

They do have good QC from what I've heard, but they do have a section on their site for "missing parts" and they are normally very happy to send out a replacement.
--
Dean Earley ( snipped-for-privacy@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

Good QC is what also ensures everyone will have the same one to three extra parts when building the larger sets.
yea i'm thinking qc is slipping because every time i build a set there is always extra parts
normally small ones like 1x1 round ones or an extra walkie talkie
never a nice big chassis piece or anything
snipped-for-privacy@wongfaye.com writes:

That's not a new thing.

Yes. That's because these pieces weigh less and thus are less likely to be caught by the scales if they're missing.

Obviously not. They weigh enough that the scales haven't got any problem seeing if they're there or not.
Play well,
Jacob
--
Houses by Katrine, Caroline and Jacob:
http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/By/Huse /
John Mycroft wrote:

They do have a pretty good quality control. But it's not perfect. I can remember an imperfect technic beam in a set I bought once. But out of more than one hundred sets and 300,000 pieces, I will not complain about one bad.
Their primary quality control on the packaging is as far as I know simply to weigh the bags which go into the sets.
Play well,
Jacob
--
City X'ers delivery van (building instructions):
http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/CityXers/Kassevogn /

sets,
this
control?
When I first got 6082 Fire Breathing Fortress one of the door hinge pieces had a bent little hinge piece and i contacted lego and they sent me a new piece for it. I think i have also previously contacted them about a piece that broke in my 8810 Cafe Racer and they sent out a replacement for it. Both these cases were years ago so their policies on doing this now may have changed.

Start here for your replacement parts: http://www.lego.com/eng/service/replacementparts.asp
Lego is eager to please you with service as well as quality. IMO
Bob
--
http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/