Smoothing Lego Bottoms?

Hi,

A big thanks to all who assisted with my Pentomino problem. Everything works great. Now I'm wondering if there are lego pieces that fit on the bottoms and give the bottom a smooth appearance? If not, what (if any) techniques do you use to accomplish this? I'm thinking wax or some kind of plastic but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Reply to
xmp333

The only smooth bottom Lego pieces I am familiar with would be the boat bottoms:

Kay Archer

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, those are rounded and they may be too thick. I was looking for something that had the thickness of the "thin" or flat pieces, but that fitted in a reverse fashion.

Take Care.

Reply to
xmp333

Try putting technic 1/2 pins into the bottom of the blocks and using a standard smooth plate.

David Pardoe

only things i can think of are #1 cuttin the green baseplates into yout shapes and possibly paintin them

or using the megablocks gender changer piece 2x2 studs on both sides with tiles (where to get a bunch of these is beyond me

Reply to
2000man

this piece:

may help you out, but i dont see how it will solve your dilemma. there are other modified bricks (check that site under that heading) that could help.

perhaps a double studded plate (studs on the bottom and top of the plate) could be used, and then a smooth tile could be placed over the bottom studs.

Reply to
Frmthgrav

That would probably do the trick. Since I have plenty of smooth plates, if I could get a hold of a few double studded plates of regular height, I can attach smooth plates to the tops and bottoms.

I'll check lego's site and bricklink.

Thanks for the info.

Reply to
xmp333