4' Pick up tool

Does anyone know where I can buy 4' ( usually 22") 4 finger pick up tool? Used to reach fallen parts in narrow crevice. Thanks William

Reply to
William S. Gilman

PERHAPS, and its just a thought.. get into the guys that run cable- lots of types here, in walls, for alarms or computer? maybe??

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Never seen a 4' one. I usually see the about 18" -2' long. (I buy them at the dollar store.)

Try Harbor Freight.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

I had a moment one time, where I found a screw driver and a pair of diags in a wall cavity. Under a circuit panel, so we can guess how they got there. I used a magnetic pick up tool ($2.29 Walmart, automotive section). And a bit of string, so I could dangle the tool down in. Works like a charm on items with steel or iron content.

The Walmart tool, the glue that holds the magnet into the tip is useless. Use a little heat to cook the glue, and then some epoxy to secure the magnet.

For nonferrous parts, I can't offer you any ideas.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I had a little magnetic probe that had a little cheap alnico magnet on the tip. Not bad if you were after a small screw but anything else was a crap shoot. I replaced the magnet with a rare earth magnet and I could pick up a

3/4 ratchet with that bad boy.
Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Now, that's the spirit. Find a way to make your own tool. Which works far better than the mass merchandisers useless imitation tool. Very well done, sir.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon