Any tricks to opening a 4 digit cable lock

This is a Sentry "Portable LockR" that belonged to a deceased relative. If I have to, I can break it open, but would prefer not to. It has four numerical tumblers and a lightweight cable. The contraption's cable is really to attach to an immovable object and the rest of the body has a door that opens in which to store valuables. I suspect with some patience and the right touch I should be able to feel my way through opening it without going through 9999 possibilities. Any words of encouragement?

Reply to
xassper8td

have patience, and good luck.

And with the best of luck the combination will be 1 1 1 1.

Reply to
Ralph

Yee hah! Go, man, go! Git im!

Rah, rah, you're the man! If anyone can get it, you're the one who can! We're all cheering for you, you're the best!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Guess what.... Got it open. (I'm not telling the combination, though) Now, after all that great encouragement you guys gave me, how about this: this thing has a Master mechanism inside. It even has an arrow printed on the circular mechanism that points both ways, suggesting there's some way to turn the thing and reset the combination. I'll bet there's somebody out there who can tell me how to do that. I've Googled the Sentry website, but they don't offer a manual for this little thing.

xassper8td wrote:

Reply to
xassper8td

You may be able to remove and replace the wheels in different positons, or there may be a screw or keyway on the inside of the box for a change mechanism. Never seen one-Only on Ebay-but guessing-Good Luck.

goma.

Reply to
goma865