Could Any one Guide me A PathWay Towards Cracking?

Hi !!! All Of You, I am Studying in 5th Semester, Computer Engineering Branch at DDIT college, Nadiad, Gujarat.

I have a deep and keen interest in learning Reverse Engineering. I have tried Searching and Learning through GOOGLE HOME, But unfortunately, I found it very hard and difficult to start even, I think it's becoz my base in cracking subject are not clear. So, I request whomsoever visits this group, to plz reply me and suggest me some brilliant e-books and tutorials plus make me capable of understanding cracking on my own(i.e., teach me how to follow the lessons on cracking). Plz, I request you, to teach me cracking. My G-Mail ID : snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com and my Yahoo ID : alok snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.

I will be thankful to all you.

Reply to
Alok

cracking.......eggs? nuts? skulls? the genetic code?

Reply to
Erik

English, apparently.

To answer the original question: NO. See this newsgroup's FAQ.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

Yes, maybe I was being sarcastic. It might be because the faq links to various resources to start learning about safe cracking. Doing simple searches on the internet also links to books, articles and techniques about cracking. Many different locksmith suppliers also have books and videos on the subject. Someone who has an interest/knowledge of engineering should be able to get some kind of start with the basics out there. Here are some pulled directly from the FAQ

TECHNIQUES OF SAFECRACKING by Wayne B. Yeager

5 1/2 x 8 1/2, softcover, illus., 96 pp. $12.95 They also have half a dozen videos listed.

#52057 EXPEDIENT B & E Tactics and Techniques for Bypassing Alarms and Defeating Locks by Carl Hammer (1992, 216 pp) An examination of the various types of locks and alarms, instructions for improvising lock picking tools, plus techniques for breaking into cars, opening file cabinets and desk drawers, cracking safes and circumventing various types of alarms and sensors. $20.00

#52054 TECHNIQUES OF SAFECRACKING by Wayne B. Yeager (92pp, 1990). Chapters include: Safe Mechanics and Operations, Guessing the Combination, Manipulation Techniques, Safe Drilling Methods, Punching and Peeling, Torches Etc., Explosives, Miscellaneous Methods of Safe Entry, Safe Deposit Boxes, Deterrence and Prevention, and more. Price: $12.95

Reply to
Erik

Reply to
rifnraf

I see your point rif, but the fact of the matter is that those are in the FAQ. There's quite a bit in the FAQ. It's not like this is a restricted forum. It's also easy to see he has'nt used a computer alot. (Poor Surfing) If he's serious, he will spend some money and buy the books-or videos or whatever.

my 2,

goma.

Reply to
goma865

Haven't used computer ???? No..Way.. I will send u soon what had I searched and what result I got.. And u r talking about seriousness, I am serious, cause, My project work includes Reverse Engineering topic. But the problem is, I am a Guy from India, and that too from Gujarat, who just can't spend moeny buying books and other video material(coz we can't even spend money in buying book of our current subjects in the semester, and cracking is an exra interest, what to do?, may be u have some proper answer to this?). Adding further, My Father has left off the world since past 10 years. So, I think u can understand..But I am trying harder and harder to get through all the obstacles. And In India, hardly few at an age of 20 earns money, so that he can afford to buy books or whatever.. If i am gonna buy and read from books, than what matters me to share a topic in google. Can't u get me an e-book links to Reverse Engineering-Getting started ?

And ya i have gone through some FAQ's, I will send u those, mark if I am not wrong. Anyways thx, u made an interest in my topic. Good to see ur reply soon..

goma865 wrote:

Reply to
Alok

Reply to
Alok

If you can't afford the education, find a different interest. Sorry, but the first thing you have to learn in the real world is that you can't have everything you want just by asking for it.

Reply to
Joseph Kesselman

Hello,

Reverse Engineering in general requires background of the device or process being unconstructed, it is as such an art as a science.

It sounds like you are more interested with learning the general principles of the process, and not locksmith engineering specifically.

The process of Reverse Engineering is part science, part discipline and patience, and is built upon background knowledge of the topic being evaluated. You can establish a base working knowledge of machines, gears, cogs, levers etc. and combine that with core electronics knowledge to reverse engineer many devices.

Briefly the process could be something like is:

  1. Setup a notebook for each reverse engineering target

  1. Describe what you want to reverse engineer

  2. Establish and expand details about the object in separate pages a) what the object is b) what the object does c) how it performs it purpose in block diagram

  1. Depending upon the type of object involved... a) layout the parts and their working relationships b) break down the object into discrete components, then layout their parts and relationships separately

It can become much more complex depending upon the target object, for example a molecular formula, with its chemical makeup and preparation process.

Since you mention computer sciences, you are probably focusing on computer hardware and components, or software engineering.

For computer hardware, there are many schematics and other references for common system unit types and peripheral components.

For computer software, there are many computer programming languages and platforms in use today, not to mention copy protection, so most applications are purpose reverse engineered - block diagramming the menu system to functional actions and then creating definitions of the process for each action.

Good luck!

Reply to
BogusID

just keep at it "Alok" and you should find what you're looking for. I admire your effort...

g'luck

Reply to
Key

He could find more than he could read in 10 lifetimes on "cracking" with Google or any other search engine. Yet he asks on alt.locksmithing. He puts "cracking" prominently in the subject and then babbles in barely comprehendable broken English. It's probably a wind up, or he doesn't speak English and that's the best babblefish can do.

Reply to
Steve

Riffy what do you know about any of it? Did you learn what a thermal lance is and how it works yet?

Reply to
Tim Mathews" <Tim

No riffy it's the group FAQ that does that. Try to pay attention.

Which puts you and he in the same boat..

and is

Which would make him your intellectual master several times over.

who doesn't understand the implications of having your

I'm sure somebody you have played locksmith for can explain it to him.

Reply to
Tim Mathews" <Tim

Steve -- plz..first understand what am I saying? have a glance to my queries.. and then bluff whatever u want? be Generous.. Thank u, Alok.

Reply to
Alok

Thanks "Key" U seem to have friendly nature...Could u make me start, Key?

Reply to
Alok

plz..first understand what steve said.. you can do it, really...

Reply to
Key

sure couldn't tell some around here about my friendly nature :-) my advice is the same as Steves.. google is really your friend...

g'luck

Reply to
Key

It seems like youre looking for computer cracking and reverse engineering books, which may be a bit off topic here, but this link should help anyways

The book is from 2005 and nigh 600 pages so happy reading. I just wanted to help cause you were getting a lot of unwarranted heat from this thread. Everyone seems to forget that these books are purchaseable at your local bookstore and thus there is no secret here. And if you don't have the money for specific resources, don't worry there are people out there who will help you if they can and you can hopefully progress in your chosen path.

(On a slight tangent) Then there are those that complain about how they had to work hard and life isnt fair yada yada. I worked hard to get where I am, I stayed straight while everyone else swayed, I strived for what I wanted and now im on the path to success. If I can help those that didnt have the same advantages as i had or who in their youth chose the slacker-hang-out-and-chill way and now want to change, Ill do the best I can to bring others up to and passed my level.

True strength is willingly helping those who you can help.

Didn't mean to sound so preachy, enjoy the book and good luck on your project.

Jesse

Reply to
ragtag99