FAT WALLET GLENN

Jason --
You can charge whatever you like for any job. Point of charging $300 for the night call out is you are hoping that it is too much and the fellow on the other end of the phone will call someone else. But if in fact he is willing to pay it, then it is worth $300 to go out.
-- Absinthe
Reply to
Absinthe
"Absinthe" <bradley snipped-for-privacy@XNOSPAMXhotmail.com wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.teranews.com...
charging $300 for the
the fellow on the
I dissagree. the point of even answering the phone is to accept jobs and earn $$$'s. If one doesn't want to do night calls then they should not even answer the phone.
many jobs (on their own) are worth the $300 in the middle of the night.
my2¢
Reply to
Key
Unfortunately it isn't that simple. Even though you may not have any interest in doing 2 AM work for 95% of the people who will call there still may be regular customers you don't want to leave hanging if they absolutely must have 2 AM service. Most serious intelligent people understand that calling for professional service at 2 AM is going to be expensive. If I called a plumber at 2 AM and he quoted me say only $75.00 or something I would be nervous about using him. I would wonder why he needed to work so bad to be so cheap in the middle of the night.
Agreed.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
I agree that it would be better not to answer the phone if you don't want the job. Point is that you don't want the job for the $100 you would charge before 5pm but will do it for $300 that you are asking at 3am. Your feelings would not be hurt if the fellow decides to call your competition and have them do it for $150. The idea is not that it is $300 worth of work, but $300 worth of convenience for the guy not waiting until morning. Now if it is normally a $300 job you may go out at 3am without charging $900 but may still add some convenience charge less than 3x the normal cost.
-- A
Reply to
Absinthe
Regular customers do get some consideration in all things.
You may have caught him so groggy that he forgot to ask more :) When he wakes up or the coffee kicks in he may not be charging $75 after all... :D
Reply to
Absinthe
"Absinthe" <bradley snipped-for-privacy@XNOSPAMXhotmail.com wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.teranews.com...
you don't want
you would charge
3am. Your feelings
competition and have
of work, but $300
morning. Now if it is
$900 but may
cost.
my whole point is that one should get what the jobs worth or NOT do the job at all.
Reply to
Key

Site Timeline