Fat wallet glen

Its no wonder some people think that locksmiths are just out for the money with people around like you glen, I go with the saying what goes around comes around,just hope you dont go out to a call at 2am in the morning and you charge the wrong person $300.god bless

Reply to
JASON EVANS

I probably would not go out at 2 AM for less than $300.00.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Reply to
nice2cu

Having decided to make his best contribution to Usenet somebody claiming to be nice2cu" snipped-for-privacy@optusnet.com.au proudly proclaimed in Message-id:

40bd83b6$0$31680$ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au:

Um no it isn't BS I don't do night call outs unless someone is willing to pay what it's worth for me to get out of bed in the middle of the night. I'm not sure $300.00 would even do it. Try to respond with something intelligent. I know it's difficult for you.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Reply to
nice2cu

Here's MY advanced side: You work EVERY day, usually 10 hour days... AND you do out-of-hours calls on top of that... You've got no freakin' life man!

And by the way... You bid what it is worth TO YOU to do a job... If I really don't want the job, I'll put a larger number out... If they pay it THEN it's worth it to me to do that job... Don't like the price? Fine... Call someone else!

I see the principles of capitalism are lost on you.

I could go just the opposite and bid 50% less than you on every job... You'd be bitchin' about THAT, wouldn't you? My perspective? YOU charge too much! So get off your high horse.

intelligent.

Reply to
Aegis

Hey Hey, slow down mate, I never said anything about charging anyone those sort of prices, you better read my post again. I was asking the question "How you guys in general rate weekend A/Hrs jobs". My standard 'in hours s/c price is $50 Local s/call. Saturday afternoon till 5p.m. is $65 Local, Sunday 9 till 5p.m. is $75. Sure aint bloody $300. I value my rep, and that is were I get 75% of my work, from word of mouth. Sooooo, what do you charge fellow Ozzie Lockie. :-))

Reply to
Steve Paris

Reply to
nice2cu

9-5 weekends and holidays if I'm available are double time. I'm really not interested in odder hours than that, if somebody wants service later or earlier unless they are a good repeat customer they would have to make a very good offer. I also don't go out in the middle of the night. I wasn't kidding when I said I wouldn't go out at 2:00 am for less than $300.00. Most of what you get in the middle of the night is drunks with no money or a whole other set of problems anyway.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere

At 2AM absolutely. I don't typically do night work because I don't like night work, and if someone wants me to do night work it is going to cost UNLESS they are a VERY good repeat customer. If you think that that is unreasonable consider that you are not going to even be able to get alot of people on the phone at 2 AM. If you are willing to drag yourself out of bed at 2 AM for less that's YOUR problem.

At 2 AM you are not taking advantage of them you are doing them a FAVOR.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

All this is fine and well but I don't see a 2 AM rate. Will you do middle of the night call outs at all? Many people won't.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

I said to post something intelligent. Perhaps you missed that part. If personal time is of little value to you then by all means do all the graveyard jobs you want. I have little to no interest in them and if someone isists that I do them UNLESS they are a VERY VERY GOOD repeat customer they WILL pay through the nose for my time. If they are a good repeat customer they will still pay triple time. Intelligent people understand that to get ANY professional to drag themselves out of bed in the dead of night will COST. Call a plumber or a mechanic or a lawyer at 2 AM sometime and get a quote if you can ever get anybody on the phone. If you are charging your regular or even double your reg rate for middle of the night work you are IMHO nuts.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

And I'm guessing that you really don't want to go out 12-7 because you don't want to drag yourself out of bed bleary eyed and wondering where the hell your shoes are and where you left your keys and what country you are in.....so if you don't get any 12-7 work it really won't break your heart. It amazes me the small value some people place on their personal time.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Hardly. They can accept the price or turn it down. I personally hope they trurn it down because I DON'T WANT TO WORK AT 2 AM! But if I do work at 2 AM I am bloody well going to get what it's worth to me. It's called free enterprise.

I worked in Chicago for 12 years and Thank God

Thank god there are people who place little to no value on their personal time to do those 2 AM jobs.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Funny thing is, even though we advertise 24hrs, we hardly ever get anything past 10p.m. Maybe once every 2-3 months I will get that dreaded

2a.m. call, and I will ask $100 for a local lockout, take it or leave it. I honestly don't believe anyone in their right mind would pay $300 - $450 for a A/Hrs lockout, it would be cheaper to smash a window or even a glass slide door to get in, or just call around till you find a Locky with a fairer charge rate. Remember the golden rule of good business, " if you do a great job, and charge a fair price then your customer will tell 5-10 people, BUT ... do a crap job or blatantly overcharge or rip off your customer and they will tell 20-50 people ". True facts.
Reply to
Steve Paris