Tarnished Schlage

I have a Schlage door knob lock and a separate Schlage dead bolt. When I moved into my home, I had a locksmith come out to replace the locks for security and because they were tarnished. He talked me into keeping the Schlage locks because of their quality. Lately we have started remodeling our house and the tarnished knob and deadbolt are eyesores.

Is there anyway I can replace the knob/plate on these without replacing the whole lock?

Thanks

Chad

Reply to
Bakechad

Yes most any locksmith can sell you new parts for your locks.( Assuming you don't have some odd finish or design) Schlage has made many over the years, that are no longer "in production". Depending on the Grade of Schlage it might be cheeper to just buy new locks and have the locksmith key them to your existing key.

I 'think" the current manufactured Schlage has a lifetime warrenty on the finish. ( good luck enforcing that warrenty).

You might consider swapping a lock with less wear from another less visable part of the house (interior) that matches the finish you require .

Reply to
Keyman55

The talent of the linux programers never ceases to amaze me. Now they are guaranteeing the quality of door locks Such coding ability. Great

Reply to
Dave Kelly

maybe CCP ability? LMAO

Reply to
goma865

ROFLOL Sure because Home depot and Lowes too for that matter hate to move product and urge their employees to avoid making sales whenever possible.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

HAHA... Just goes to show you how much Hamilcar Barca knows about the world outside of his secluded internet computer hideout... Any given Home Depot employee is a vested shareholder of the company, as Home Depot rams a program called ESPP down everyones throats so that the company can keep a percentage of its payroll each and every bi-weekly pay period... The Employee Stock Purchase Program helps Home Depot keep company payroll money by offering all of its employees reduced prices on purchasing stock through payroll deductions... Since many Americans think that buying some stock can make themselves fabuolously rich with absoultely no work involved after the inital purchase...

I would rather trust the advice of someone involved directly in making all of his/her own business decisions, rather than someone who works for a super-mega gigantic corporation who moves employees around as if they were inventory items rather than people...

But that is only my opinion...

Evan the Maintenance Man

P.S. To Chad:

Noth

Reply to
Evan

Had to re-key a large home yesterday up on Knob Hill, and it was the first time I had ever seen, or had to work on Kwikset Titan dead bolts and key in knob entrance sets. The home was only about 5 years old, and the polished brass finish on every lock was totally stuffed, to put it mildly. What pieces of @*^)$#, they are. Wonder were their made? Glad we don't have a lot of crap like that used here on a regular basis. The Std Kwiksets are bad enough. I really can't understand why they are still in business selling junk like that. Give me a 'Good Quality' Chinese lockset anyday over those things.

Reply to
Steve Paris

-snip-

I just want to know how he gets his electrical power under that bridge.

-snip-

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

The finish does weather very badly. At least then they look like what they are, junk.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Hmm... My personal guess is he tapped into both power and communications lines illegally...

Evan the Maintenance Man

Reply to
Evan