Help Locked Out Of Bathroom (Push Button Style)

I'm currently locked out of my bathroom. The door knob has a round hole on the outside, there are no mounting screws on the outside. The lock is the type where when on the inside of the bathroom you push a button in to lock it. How can I get myself back in ?

When I stick a screwdriver in, it feels like it is spring loaded with something inside.

-S

Reply to
squeed2000

I'm used to the turnpiece type. In those, you stick a very thin screwdriver in, feel for the slot, engage it and turn to release the button. I would expect something similar in this one. Experiment a bit and you should be able to figure it out.

(Yeah, I know, this is on the edge of "opening instructions" -- but I think privacy latches don't count as locks, especially since the instructions and a suitable tool come in the box when you buy it.)

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

I'm not a locksmith, but I think all you have to do is push something small enough but stiff enough and blunt enough into the hole, like an allen wrench or some such. I think you can just push pretty gently.

Reply to
Mike Easter

Try a very large paper clip-straightened out.

Reply to
goma865

when you push in the spring loaded portion, turn the knob and the door should open.

Reply to
Key

Is the "button to lock" in the center of the inside knob, or next to the inside knob at 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm with you, I don't get too worried about bathroom latches as "lockpicking".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon