Kaba/Ilco 4550 powerlever lock

Our security manager forgot the master user combination for a Kaba 4550 powerlever lock - and we need to add and delete users. No info available from the user handbook (it assumes you wrote down the mastere user combo and pin,and kept it safe somewhere, oops!).

Anyone got any ideas? We still can open the door with a regular user combo/pin, and if necessary can disassemble the lock. But how can we set it back to

0000/0000 without the master user combo/pin? Can you jumper the memory similar to wiping cmos on a computer?

TIA

Reply to
user

you should review the FAQ

Questions Answered:

  1. Will people on this newsgroup give me information about picking locks, etc.?

g'day

Reply to
Key

Thanks, Key. I guess I will take one of the extras home over the weekend and play around with it - really hoped someone here could provide a little assist.

Reply to
user

that is a question needs asking on Clearstar..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Thanks - will ask in the public forum section, since I'm not a member.

Reply to
nospam

----- Original Message ----- From: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com Newsgroups: alt.locksmithing Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 9:15 PM Subject: Re: Kaba/Ilco 4550 powerlever lock

It probably won't get answered there either unless you can prove you're a locksmith.

You have to understand. What if you're not really someone who is allowed to have that code. We really have no way of knowing.

And before you go fiddling around with an expensive lock and fry the board.

I sympathize with your situation, but we really can't - in good conscience - give you information that would allow you to acquire a management code.

You could try contacting KABA. If they give out the information, it's on them. My guess is, they'll recommend you call a *qualified* locksmith who will be able to verify your eligibility to receive the information you're requesting

Bob DeWeese, CML snipped-for-privacy@spaambearlock.com (remove "no spaam")

Bear Lock & Security Service, Inc - A full service locksmith company specializing in professional, cost effective solutions to your Commercial, Residential, Safe, and Automotive Security Problems.

<>< The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; Let the distant shores rejoice. Clouds and thick darkness surround him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him and consumes His foes on every side. His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles. The mountains melt like wax before the Lord, before the lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim his righteousness, and the all the people see His glory. Psalm 97:1-6
Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML