locked luggage

I got an old American Escort (blue plate, red lettering) from my grandmother, but she can't remember the combo. Is there anyway I can get this thing open without distroying it? Its a beautiful case. The lock is the kind witth three brass dials that you spin to create a number from 001 to 999. I would love to just be able to try all the numbers, but the lock is a litlle sticky and am afraid I would miss it.

Reply to
a.treehugger

Well the factory combination is 000, but if that doesn't work you either have trail and error like you suggested, or you can take the case to your local locksmith and for a few bucks he can open it for you.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

just give is a little squirt with wd-40. sit down in front of the boob-tube, (no pun intended) start at 000 and work up...

g'luck

Reply to
Key