motorcycle fork lock

I bought a suzuki 1400 and didn't get a key for the fork lock. I found a blank that will slide into the lock, how can I get the cylinder out so I can make the key fit the pins?

Reply to
Rick

Just take the whole bike to the locksmith.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I used to be a bike mechanic. The ignition key should match the gas cap should match the fork lock. If it's a factory fork lock look for a set of numbers on the lock face. Go to a dealer with your registration and the numbers and they may be able to find a key for it.

Sheldon snipped-for-privacy@sopris.net

Reply to
Sheldon