Reality Check

What you do is get a six pack and some wet and dry 600 grit sand paper. This will remove the paint from the cans and leave a pleasant "silver" surface.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

a personalized aluminum garbage can :-) just kiddin ! Happy 25th Steve

Reply to
Key

I called him because he was LOCAL and I always support local business, and the plumber I usually use was away on holidays. Sorry Joe, but I can't fathom your reasoning. So you are saying that 'because I don't know how to bake a loaf of bread, it's OK for the baker to charge me $300 a loaf. ???. Or, if every locksmith in town charges around $5 to cut a key, and you charge $35 for the same key, as your key machine is the best & most expencive model then it's OK ??

Reply to
Steve Paris

Now you and Roger have given me a couple of great ideas. Got 50 people coming over next Tuesday night for the big event, so I'll have to think up something tricky. Cheers lads.

Reply to
Steve Paris

Lets give Steve some more tricky gift ideas for his 25th "Silver" Wedding Anniversary.

how about a case of aluminum foil ?

Reply to
Key

That's supply and demand. If he's overpriced for the quality he delivers, he loses customers. There are presumably other bakers in the area; if not, there rapidly will be once word gets around that he's created a marketing opportunity.

I can ask that much. But I'd be out of business within a week.

If you don't ask for a price estimate before you place your order, you run the risk that you may be surprised.

The question you still haven't addressed is: WERE his prices out of line for your area, given what his competition is charging? If not, your complaint isn't with him but with the market, and your options are either to live with them or learn to live without them.

There's lots of stuff I consider overpriced. I comparison-shop, or I learn to make it, or I find a way to work around it.

Welcome to the free market. It's a lousy system. The only good thing to be said about it is that everything else seems to work even worse.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (address as shown

Perhaps Steve could die his hair silver and announce to the Mrs. that he got himself "Chromed" for the occasion.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Ha! wish I had some hair to dye silver. But hey, I could be a 'chrome dome', for the night, .. nice Roger.

Reply to
Steve Paris

you could be the "tin-man" from OZ :-) (if ya only had a heart)

Reply to
Key

I like that one ! I'm gonna sent you an official invitation, it has a pic of me & the girl 25 years ago, when I actually had a few locks (hair that is). RSVP ... O.K. Note the dreaded safari suit, :-( cool fashion back then :-)

Reply to
Steve Paris

got that invitation and would be there. IF you wasn't literally half way around the world ? yall two were sure a very handsome couple back then.

Reply to
Key

So start closing the damn door after you rip her shit off.

I can see why being as how your off yours.

But she would like me to come

She is off her f****ng meds.

and wants to know if I can do it when she's

Cant blame her for that.

She goes on about how her house title is jammed up, and

Yeah I cant f****ng wait to see how you f*ck her situation up worse than it is.

Reply to
SSA