Residential lock brand

I gave up on Schlage when they went to the exploding spring cover. I reccomend only Kwikset at the moment.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

and Titan at that.. IMO.

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

LOL.. in THAT case, an A grade Schlage.. but NOT a house lock

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

So if somebody says to you: I got 8 people in my family and we go in and out 40 times a day and I need a good quality lock you reccomend Kwikset?

Reply to
Steve

The KW400B on my parents house tends to last about 10 years. The lock on my own house, I always lock the deadbolt. Same lock for 11 years.

The Tylo is a bit light weight, but the other locks such as Bel Air, or Copa or Grecian do provide good value for the money.

Summary answer: YES.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That is sad.