Strange Key Found Behind Old Picture

My Mom found a strange key behind a picture that my dad was hiding. My Dad had died several years back and we do not know what it is to. I have never seen a key like this. I am going to post a picture of this key at

If you know what it opens please let me know so I can look for it in the attic.

Thanks, GeekChick

Reply to
GeekChick

CORRECTION TO WEBSITE:

GeekChick

Automobile antenna release key. If not that, it looks like a tool for releasing something if the normal electrical drive/ release system is faulty.

Reply to
peterwn

The first thing came to mind, to me, is an emergency key for a bathroom door. I'm very likely mistaken.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's a key to an old coin bank. Decades ago, banks gave away coin banks. Some were in the shape of the bank, a book, or were oval and see-through.

Reply to
Unk

possibly an emergency key for a mortice privacy lock?

Reply to
William J Jones Jr