Terrible Schlage entry lock

Periodic reminder:

The customer is not always right. (Neither are we, really.) The customer is always the one with the money. Money isn't always the bottom line, and not all jobs are profitable.

Tell them what the right answer is. If they still want to do it the wrong way, you have to decide whether you still want the job... and, potentially, their future business.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

sounds to me that you just didn't know how to fix that particular lock. if you would learn how instead of pushing your customer out the door ? you might have a few more bucks in your pocket today. not to mention a happy customer that would more likely return ans put a few more bucks in your pocket. however, whatever works for you !

nuff said

Reply to
Key

It was desirable to have one part rather than two parts.

Think about something. You have some space issues to consider. Like how much space dies a tumbler spring take up? In some circuumstances like an Almont padlock there is plenty of room for nice long springs but in cases like the old Weslock's they had space problems, so they had to match the length of the driver to the length of the pin.

In order to keep the whole package small enough to fit through the hole in the knob, they have a fully functional cylinder, by allowing the pop up cap and this also allows them to have one size of drivers as they have the shoulder turned on them.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

we also pride ourselfs on giving quality work.

my point never was to make the lock in question a quality lock. its been about the customer that wants their lock fixed and didn't or couldn't be talked into a better quality lock? they are going to go down the road and get their lock fixed by someone that will fix it. so, if its fixable ? we will fix it. not try to transform it into something it never was.

wasn't talking about the buck that's already in your pocket :-)

g'day

Reply to
Key

do try and get a clue ros! I have put it to you a few different ways and you just seem to not listen and miss the point all together. also, you don't know squat about the way I do business.

Reply to
Key