volvo 440

I need some help on a volvo 440. A friend of mine bought this car but the lock of the door on the driver site idn't working the way it shouldt be. So I was wondering how I can change this? If any one can help that wouldt be nice. picking the lock was easy but there has to be a faster way to open it.

Herman Scheper

Reply to
Herman Scheper

The first question I have is do you have the correct key? I ask this as you said you can pick the lock but it is not working the way it should.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Does this mean that the lock works with the key sometimes?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Yes most of the time the key works. But sometimes it doesn't(pretty often). I can't find the reason and I wouldt like to know it. I dont know why but I just do. I cant stand it if there is any thing I dont know. Roger Shoaf snipped-for-privacy@nospamsyix.com schreef in berichtnieuws snipped-for-privacy@jaguar.syix.com...

Reply to
Herman Scheper

I suggest generous doses of WD-40 into the keyhole, and then generous doses of aerosol white lithium on the latch mechanism.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon