Where Can I Find 1 3/4 inch Backset?

We installed French Doors in our livingroom. Unfortunately the stiles are only 3 1/2 inches wide, so a 2 3/8 inch backset is too long. We would like to get a brass lever type handle with a 1 3/4 backset. IS this available somewhere? Thank you, Bob McK.

snipped-for-privacy@nbnet.nb.ca

Reply to
bmck

Search the internet for Atrium locksets. They are a mortise lockbody that has lever handles and incorperates a deadbolt function also. They typically use profile cylinders and are typically a schlage keyway. Note: they are not cheap. But, those locks are designed for exactly the application you describe.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Most well stocked lock suppliers and good hardware stores can also source it for you.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

If you have a difficulty finding that, then consider stylish head and foot slide bolts. Are the doors prepped for any type of lock at this time?

Reply to
Jack

Unfortunately the

backset is too

a 1 3/4

McK.

snipped-for-privacy@nbnet.nb.ca

?

Reply to
Key

Baldwin makes 1-1/2" backset mortise lock bodies for french doors. Besides that, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that makes latches that short.

good luck

Reply to
Mzone719