'89 Isuzi I Mark

Out of lurk mode here.......'89 Isuzi I Mark....customer ASSURES me that one key worked all the locks just prior to me arriving on the job site. Think this one is a snap just about the point that I pulled the liftgate lock out and made a key for it. Used a B65 instead of the B53 as I was out of those blanks. Key works great the lock (bloody gargantuan truarc ring coming off the back and the coil spring gave me the most headache here). 6 cuts, 4 depths according to Genericode. Try out the ignition and doors and doesn't work. Soooooo the customer then lets me know that what HE MEANT was that one key worked ON:LY the ignition and that he has never tried the doors to see if that key ever worked the doors.

Anyways...not familiar with working with the Isuzi ignition as they aren't prevalen here. Out of lurk mode here.......'89 Isuzi 1 Mark....customer ASSURES me that one key worked all the locks just prior to me arriving on the job site. Think this one is a snap just about the point that I pulled the liftgate lock out and made a key for it. Used a B65 instead of the B53 as I was out of those blanks. Key works great the lock (bloody gargantuan truarc ring coming off the back and the coil spring gave me the most headache here). 6 cuts, 4 depths according to Genericode. Try out the ignition and doors and doesn't work. Soooooo the customer then lets me know that what HE MEANT was that one key worked ON:LY the ignition and that he has never tried the doors to see if that key ever worked the doors. Bloody hell! I asked the customer PAINFULLY over and over and still got the same response . Why does this happen?

Anyways...not familiar with working with the Isuzi ignition as they aren't prevalent here.

Is pulling it off and decoding to making a working the same as a Suzuki/ Honda the same with the shear bolts or what? Active retainer is mentioned in AutoSmart...picking over to depress the rretainer is that a possibilty? Do they impression well?

Any help would be appreciated?

Darren Wildwood Lock

Reply to
Darren Ingleson

they aint got any smarts... or common sense...

suggestion... got a FOREIGN auto parts store around you? ask to see a replacement ign lock... that way you got an idea what you got to do...

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

pull the RIGHT door lock... if it didnt work EITHER the ign OR door, perhaps the tail gate ONLY was replaced... worth the 20 minutes as an attempt before going after the ign.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Darren, Simply pull the passenger side door lock and get the code and cut it on a B53. Should work if nothing has been changed. Go to the hardware store if you don't have a B53. They should have one. I know it's cheaper to order them, but if you're in a bind do what you need to do.B53 and B65 are not the same key. Tips are different. Danny Danny Williams Danny's Locksmith Service Fayetteville, NC

Reply to
Keyman28