Where to buy a code machine

Hi all. I'm new to this group and a relatively new locksmith. I'm looking at getting a code machine. I'm either going to get the HPC

1200 Blitz or the Framon #2 and was wondering if anyone could reccomend a good place to buy. I'm leaning towards the Framon and have seen prices vary quite a bit from seller to seller. I thought I would ask and see if anyone can give the name and number of a good place to contact. Thanks all!
Reply to
Matt Larson

new or used?

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

locksmith. I'm

the HPC

could

Framon and have

thought I would

good place to

if your a locksmith ?

g'day

Reply to
Key

Try

James sells Framon new and used.

Bought mine there about 4 years ago. Go with the Framon 2. Slower till you get used to it but is a lot stronger in my opinion, more flexible. Does Medeco Bi-Axail.

Blitz or 1200 is also good, faster mostly on master key systems at first, not as accurate, cost about the same but cards are an issue.

The Framon doesn't require the guage blocks that come with it. You can make a key without them. They allow for faster key making because you dont have to look at the dials as close.

You can drop one and it wont effect it. They are easy to adjust if they ever are knocked out of calibration. Highly unlikely.

Opinions are like umm! This is mine.

Glen

Reply to
Glen Cooper

I have used both the 1200 and the Framon and they both work but I think the best bang for the buck is the CodePro. No cards, cutter changes or keeping track of the spacing blocks and other little parts.

IMO this is the best bank for the buck.

Roger Shoaf

It cost a little more. He's just starting out. I based the Framon advice on that.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Hawley Lock Supply will have a choice of good machines, James is a great guy and you will get a square deal. I believe he is out of town this week so it might be a few day before he calls you back.

My personal favorite : Framon # 2. Hands down the most accurate and depenable machine. Especialy for someone just starting out. Yes, it is slower (slightly) than a 1200,and it does require a slight longer learning curve, but it is almost industrctable and if you call the factory you will speak with the owner. No so with HPC

Codepro? Isn't that the Machine made by Gordon AKA Ray #2 ?

Reply to
no spam

I have the Framon, and have been very pleased with it.

I suggest buy the machine at the wholesaler where you expect to buy most of your locks and blanks. They (should) reward your purchase with better service, and taking care of you in the future.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

By the time you buy all of the goodies for the Framon, (cutters, spacer blocks, etc.) you are at about the same price. Also since business is slow, you can probably negotiate a good deal.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

what 'extras?

if I remember right you get a new one now and they throw in code software for free? Genericode?

so, the ONLY extra that might not be included? and Havent CHECKED is block 6 for SD key work.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Hello Matt.....We would be willing to sell you a new CodePro 4500 key cutting machine for only $2, 099 US. The CodePro's operation is akin to the HPC CodeMax (tm) , and/or the ITL 9000, and/or UltraCode. ie. Fully automatic! No hank cranks!!!!

Simply select and enter the 3-digit manufactures code, insert the key blank, then press "C" to cut. In or about 16 seconds, your key will be ready!!! Over 750 set-up codes provided with machine.

For more information, visit our website at:

For all other questions, including zero-percent financing options, feel free to contact me via telephone at (807) 628-7400.

Truly,

Gordon Gravelle; operations CodePro Manufacturing Tel: (807) 628-7400 web:

email: snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca

Reply to
CEO

"CEO" snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca wrote unwanted SPAM in message

---snip the unwanted spam---

don't believe your spam is welcomed around here. are you looking for another customer to take to court or something ? I wouldn't have one of your machines if you were to give it to me !

my2

Reply to
Key

It takes a real slime ball like you to come here and try to sell your machine.

I dont see the owner of ANY other code machine coming here to promote those' DUH!

Why is it so cheap NOW?????????

Is it because you sue your customers?

You're an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep your mouth SHUT then maybe we'll forget about you, you screwball GardAn. Kiss my ass! GordAN!

GET LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?????

PLONK!!!!!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT PLONK MEANS PUNK?????

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Glen,

What vitriol.

I own a CodePro and it is a work horse of a machine.

It might not be what you want, but mine does the job and it does it well.

I doubt you have ever used one. Next time you are in CA let me know and I will let you play with mine.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Someone pee in your cornflakes?

Gordon was replying to the thread on where to buy a code machine.

Spam is unsolicited and usually bogus. Gordon's post was solicited and he makes a good machine. I am of the opinion that if someone was in the market for a machine, they at least ought to consider the CodePro. I purchased mine and I like it. To me that is worth a little more than 2 cents.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Seconded. If it's on topic, brief, and specific to the current conversation it isn't spam. Of course you aren't required to read it.

Learn to use your "next" key. If someone *really* annoys you, learn to use your newsreader's filter/killfile system. At the moment, I think I'm blocking more people for inappropriate _complaining_ about other people's postings than for inappropriate postings themselves.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

it does it well.

let me know and I

in the solvent.

The owner of CodePro "is" an IDIOT !!! anyone that sues their customers isn't worth a hill of beans in my book too. I put that sucker right in the same boat as Ray with tres-crap.. two peas in a pod !!!

my2

Reply to
Key

no, Gordon is an IDIOT !!!

machine.

bull crap. he he is NOT a regular around here and doesn't contribute to this group. the only time he is here is when he is trying to sell his mechine.

yes and some like this is just spam.

solicited by someone that evidently doesn't know about Gordon taking his customer to court. also, his mechine has nothing to do with my comments.

CodePro.

they should also be aware and consider that there is a possability of being taken to court if they have a problem with it.

little more than 2 cents.

agree, you own a mechine. hope you don't end up in court one day like his other customer..

my2

Reply to
Key

no flame intended to you Joe.

I know quiet well how to use my kill-file. I agree with the definition of spam and shouldn't have called it spam. my bad (for the spam comment) however, in this case, I was commenting on Gordon's past actions against his customer. this is an open forum for comments, is it not ? you have given yours and I have given mine.

Reply to
Key