WHY ARE LOCKSMITHS SO ODD?

I ASKED A QUESTION ABOUT A COIN WASHING MACHINE A FEW POSTS AGO, THE ANSWERS I GET ARE "PLONK,PLOINK AND PLONK" WHAT IS THAT? SOME SECRET LOCKSMITH MATING CALL?

OH,AND CALL A LOCKSMITH .. YOU PEOPLE SCARE ME. AM I TO MAKE LOCKSMITH MATING CALL SOUNDS ON THE PHONE SO THEY KNOW I AM ONE OF YOU?

THE ONLY LINK I GET IS ABOUT Basic Survival Techniques for Incarceration. YOU GUYS AND GIRLS ARE SICK!!!

WHAT HAS ANY OF THIS GOT TO DO WITH A WASHING MACHINE???????

SO SINCE YOU CAN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOUT THE WASHING MACHINE LOCK ,COULD YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOUT LOCKSMITHS?

YOU CAN LEAVE THE LOCKSMITH MATING CALL SOUNDS OUT

SCOOTER

Reply to
Scooter

Scooter shouted:

answers I get are "plonk, ploink, and plonk" What is that?

That is the sound of people making your inane posts disappear from their newsreader.

incarceration.

That's to help you when you get into trouble for trying to defeat the washing machine's coin lock.

You mean some washing machine that you want to talk about that isn't your washing machine?

And why are you still shouting? Turn off your caps lock key.

Reply to
Mike Easter

The same reason ALL plumbers have butt cracks...and ALL mechanics have dirt under their nails. Plus here in NJ, you have to be odd or they won't give you a liscense. That and an attitude.

Sarcasm off.

Harry

Reply to
Harry Williamson

read the FAQ for this group and it may give you a clue ?

Key

You have to realize that some of the people on this newsgroup are professional locksmiths and a lot are semi-pro. We do not give out information about ways to defeat security, just like you would not give out information about things important and private to you. The hardest thing for a locksmith to gain is trust from his/her customers and its also the easiet. If your customer don't trust you, you're done. Wayne

Reply to
wayne c

Look at it this way - you own a laundromat and its income pays the rent, puts food on the table, pays for kids' education, etc.

How would you like it if locksmiths told every Tom, Dick or Harry how to defeat the coin box locks in your laundromat, thus potentially driving you into bankrupcy.

This is why the things use a decent 'Ace' lock with a long shank key and a special 'Greenwald' hood to keep conventional tubular picks right out of it.

Reply to
peterwn

Or you could look at it this way: Let's say you have spent a few years working for someone else in the trade. Now you do all the work that you DON'T read about in those ads where it says "make $65.00 an hour in no time!!! or "Pays for itself on the first job!!!!".

Now you have started your own business and put thousands of dollars down for equipment and training. So now you just give it out for free to someone you do not know-and someone who is not going to PAY???? Yeah right.

goma.

Reply to
goma865

I don't know why usenet posters are so odd. Asking a group of security professionals to give away (for free) skills which they have worked for years to develop. Writing troll posts about breaking into someone else's lock. And asking for help picking locks which don't even belong to them. And then getting pissy because the professionals continue to act in a professional manner.

This must be the same guy who trolls every week or ten days, and posts some loopy "how can I bypass the lock on" post. Trolls are so odd.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-#spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uSwkg.15591$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

the troll has no ethics ... but what troll does ? :-)

Reply to
Key

Unless we consider that "troll ethics" are different than "locksmith ethics".

Hey, lets write the "Troll Honor Code" some time. I'll get started.

Definitions of Internet troll on the Web:

  • In the context of the Internet, a troll is a person who makes inflammatory or comments, which by effect or design cause disruptions in discourse, or a post made by such a person. Trolling can be described as a breaching experiment, which, because of the use of an alternate persona, allows for normal social boundaries and rules of etiquette to be tested or otherwise broken, without serious consequences. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

I, Troll, in order to fulfil my inner need to be noticed, will make frequent posts to Usenet. I will use emotional language, and use a wide assortment of emotional appeals, reactions, and responses to get the maximum number of responses from the sane people. I will write anything I want, regardless if it is true or not. I will joy and gloat in every response to my emotional posts. I will use absurd assumptions, rhetorical questions, and insults when I don't get enough replies. I will write, or do anything needed to get the most number of replies.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
pickproof

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-#spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:wvIkg.45873$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

nah, best not. it would be off-topic and someone would just tell us not to feed the trolls..

g'day

Reply to
Key