Yet another code question

Hey, could someone provide me for the bitting for BMW Vehicle code B505.

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
NOSPAMEVER
323232

Reply to
Jack

Reply to
grtnrthlock"

Reply to
Glen Cooper

What's sad is that they are (hopefully unwittingly) giving out passwords to a restricted site. To get access you are requested to enter one of those codes to prove you are a bona-fide locksmith.

Not good.

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

No worries Bobby,

First the site will change those questions every so often, so unless the smart guy that asked the question can get someone else from this group to drop the ball again he will likely be "locked out" of the site soon. Furthermore, there is only enought information at the site to get this guy into trouble, especially with no experance to rely upon in using what he reads.

I think if we all look out for this type of crap, it will be ok.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Williams

Sorry guys, I didn't even think about the possibility of it being a password. You all are very correct. Normally I'm good about security breaches, but this one slipped through. Again, sorry.

Reply to
Jack

Basic principle: Don't look up codes for folks whom you don't have reason to trust. Wandering into this newsgroup is, unfortunately, not sufficient reason to trust them.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

And what's incredibly stupid is that they paid for that code information and are willing to simply hand it out for free.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Password or not is it really a good idea to give out code information on an open forum? Especially information that you had to PAY for?

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

You're also never sure but what the fellow got the code number off someone else's lock. I'm cautious about that, too. I want people to bring in the lock, or I go there. You likely would not be surprised how many times someone has wanted a key to someone else's lock.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon