Hai, what are your favorite elements?

snipped-for-privacy@bid.nes wrote:

That's more ripply, less crappy.
--
Erik Max Francis && snipped-for-privacy@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max /
San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM, Y!M erikmaxfrancis

overlidom = superiorality
No, translat the -ia in metallia, then apply the pen- to the -ia.

Under 100 K, something wonderful happens tom the penmetallia that kicks copper's and silver's guts.

It's LANL's fault: http://periodic.lanl.gov/elements/67.html . Then the Wikipedian presentd it in addition.

Compounds aren't elements.

And with the best of everything, MSG and proline: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proline#Synthesis_and_usage .

or "a bacterium"
-Aut

under 120 K, even

As an amateur gardener, I get three by reflex action: Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and Potassium. I guess I should add Hydrogen, Carbon, and Oxygen to get six. ObSF: the short-short $1.98, by Arthur Porges, in which a man earns a favour from a (very small) god, anything he likes up to the value of $1.98.
(I read it in the very good compilation: 100 Great Fantasy Short Short Stories").
Spoiler 1 Spoiler 2 Spoiler 3 Spoiler 4 Spoiler 5 Spoiler 6 Spoiler 7 Spoiler 8 Spoiler 9 Spoiler 10 Spoiler 11 Spoiler 12 Spoiler 13 Spoiler 14 Spoiler 15 Spoiler 16 Spoiler 17 Spoiler 18 Spoiler 19 Spoiler 20 Spoiler 21 Spoiler 22 Spoiler 23 Spoiler 24 Spoiler 25 Spoiler 26 Spoiler 27 Spoiler 28 Spoiler 29 Spoiler 30 Spoiler 31 Spoiler 32 Spoiler 33 Spoiler 34
The last paragraph of the story is
The clipping itself, a mere filler, read: "At present prices, the value of the chemical elements which make up the human body is only $1.98."
--
A.G.McDowell

* "Pious Jews have a category of questions that can harmlessly be allowed to go without an answer until the Messiah comes. I suspect that this is one of them."
--Joseph C. Fineman
earle *
(actual message trimmed)

While I am sure the question was carefully considered, I believe that, as long as people are prepared to stake either their reputation or their money on a guess, the category described above contains no questions of finite length.
It's a bit like the connection between the last four digits of the telephone number of the Cirencester Abattoir and my date of birth. As far as I know, there wasn't one up to now, but if I tell you their sum is 2660 mod 10000 then I have created a connection: if you know one, you can work out the other.
(This being usenet, somebody out there is going to be googling for Abattoirs and for all I know coming up with a completely weird date of birth: FWIW, my source is the printed Thompson's directory for Swindon 2006-7. It so happens that Abattoir comes first in the list I looked at - and I happen to like Cirencester).
--
A.G.McDowell