Top Scientist To Investigate Thermoelectric Behavior Of Metal Dental Fillings

On 23 Mar, 15:45, snipped-for-privacy@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:

You're completely missing the point.
Simply measuring the electrical potentials generated by amalgam fillings, whatever their value, does not answer the question as to whether or not these potentials do in fact dissipate electrical energy through the nerves in the vicinity of the teeth where the fillings are placed.
In order to answer this question you would have to have an instrument which is capable of detecting, and in some way quantifying, neurological activity in those nerves.
The control measurement would be to measure the normal neurological activity in the vicinity of teeth where there are no amalgam fillings, and this would then be compared with the respective measurements taken in the vicinity of teeth with amalgam fillings.
There are instruments which are sensitive enough to do this, but the type of multimeter you are talking about is not one of them.
I've explained to you several times now, the measurements which can be done with that kind of multimeter have already been carried out. The amalgam potentials typically measure in the hundreds of millivolts - you can see an example of such measurements taken by Jack Levenson in London in 1992 at:
http://book.boot.users.btopenworld.com/potentials.htm
These measurements are consistent with my argument that further experimental investigation is required in order to determine any effect that these electrical potentials may have on normal neurological function (remember that the resting potential of the human neurological synapse is only 70 millivolts).
But the cheap multimeter which was used to record them would not be capable of carrying out the further measurements I am speaking of.
If you still think that it would then I challenge you to describe in detail how. (Remember I'm not talking about measuring the electrical potentials in the fillings, I'm talking about measuring the neurological activity in the nerves.)
And remember also, whilst it is the natural function of the human neurological system to transmit signals in the form of tiny electrical currents, it is not the natural function of the human neurological system to be permanently dissipating the electrical potentials generated by metal amalgam dental fillings.
Keith P Walsh

Your contention was readily available meters couldn't measure less than hundreds of millivolts at reasonable prices, which is trivially shown to be false.

Trivially done with a digitizing oscilloscope and an instrumentation amplifier front end; that gets you into the microvolt range with some care in construction and shielding.
Still not much more than $100 range on the used market.
I bought a working HP1980B at a surplus sale for $50.
<snip remaining whining>
--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Keith P Walsh wrote, On 3/16/2009 10:56 AM:

Keith P Walsh is professes to be concerned, but he will never lift a finger to do the required measurements himself...
--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

in nescientius dies fabulantur fatvini

In other words, you want to know why more research effort isn't being expended to find out if it is scientifically feasible that you are being controlled by government propaganda channeled by transmissions through your fillings.
PD