Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Creating Forming Styrofoam (dinnerware like) Parts??
FOSECO make custom lost foam patterns. Tooling isn't cheap. Price based on volume. Expect to pay $20K plus for tooling depending on the complexity of your pattern. You could try pouring urethane into...
4
4

Re: Polycarbonate
Today I purchased and did some tests with Metheylene Chloride(Dichlormethane) but no success. Using it as a glue did not = work. Then I cut short strips of Polycarbonate and left them in Metheylene...
3
3

Re: EVA (ethylene-vinyl acetate ) toxicity Off-gassing?
Mainly I am concerned about the various plasticizers being released over = time. news:...
2
2

Gold and Aluminium chip bondpads
SGkgZXZlcnlvbmUsDQpBcyBJIGtub3csIEdvbGQgYW5kIEFsdW1pbml1bSBhcmUgdGhlIG1vc3Qg Y29tbW9ubHkgdXNlZCBtYXRlcmlhbHMgaW4gY2hpcCBib25kcGFkcy4NCiANCkluIHRoZSBwYXN0...
4
4

Re: Fluoropolymers for Architectural Coatings
PVDF/acrylic applications.=20 resistant environmental PVDF is normally formulated with 30% acrylics. This gives optimum properties in terms of adhesion (natural PVDF won't stick to metal so well),...
2
2

Re: polyimide formula
news:... oxygen The chemistry is good but structure may not be exactally that of Vespel. It is an all aromatic polyimide but the acid and amine moieties may be different. There is/was a grade of...

French student looking for an interferential glass
Hello, Is anybody out there who know how I can find an interfetial glass (A.K.A. plan glass). It's a rectangular shape glass which allow you to check the planeity of a surface (all surface). You put...
2
2

Re: black mould in transparent silicone sealant
I doubt the mold is penetrating the substrate. I suspect the mold is secreting the coloring matter, which is being absorbed into the silicone. Among polymers, silicone ranks highly in permeability.
5
5

Re: Caveat Emptor Nano
Normally, fine powders would be called "micronized", but in your case it is sub-micron. I don't think it would be entirely dishonest to call it nano-something, but "nanonized" or "nanoized" don't have...

Re: AGMA gear quality equivalent in China
Corey, you have many options. The first is to work with a reliable, long term manufacturer, with whom you have a partnership, and see how the gear can be reduced in cost. Use philosophy. The...

mosquito proof suit for summer heat
I have made some progress in pinning down the ideal mosquito proof suit for hot summer days and nights. Last I wrote on this was to say that a combination of cotton shorts with long sleeve cotton...
1
1

what is it?
At this site you will find a picture of a focault pendulum clock that has a cone shaped piece of metal from a hydroelectric generating station. nThe metal is 'said' to be really hard, but it has been...
5
5

threshold galling stress
could anyone provide a value for the threshold galling stress for 17-4 ph heat treated ~400Hv with Hard chromium plating ~700Hv Regards Nick

Desparately seeking thermophysical properties data
I am writing an article for about cookware, and I among the things I hope to do is describe the differences in the thermal properties of various cookware materials. Thus far, I have the following from...
1
1

Strongest material
Who has a good materials properties book? I am looked for the strongest known material using the following idealized test. You have a plate that is maybe 1 cm thick. The plate is arbitrarily large and...
6
6