Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Active Vibration Control!!
Anyone knows about Active Vibration Control?? the model is a cantilever beam with peizo electric sensor and actuator system Simulink model is to be developed. what are the required filters and...

"The Boundary Element Method in Acoustics" book (PDF-file) purchase
The Book "The Boundary Element Method in Acoustics" by Stephen Kirkup was initially (1st edition) published as a hard-copy in 1998. The 2007=20 version (still 1st edition, "second print") is now...

GeoThermal Stirling
Instead of using steam it would be just as efficient and a lot cheaper to use the well as a really long displacer cylinder in a beta Stirling. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ MIT...

dressing grinding wheels
Hi. I'm looking for any information about dressing grinding wheels in form grinding of gear wheels (cylindrical). Especially cares me deeply about CNC dressing. If you know any publications, books or...

Manufacturing Processes Involved in Production of a LPG cylinder
As the title suggests i want to know the processes that are involved in the production of a LPG cylinder. I googled for it and i cudnt get a proper explanation . If anyoner can help me in this matter...
4
4

Contact elements regarding, I-deas-FEA.
Hi, I work in Automotive industry. I use 'CONTACT ELEMENTS' between regions while analyzing the components using I-deas FEA application. Can anyone explain how the friction values and search distances...

Re: Getting Metal Bent
"Rich Grise" wrote Far more complex parts have been made with just a three view print. When using a program that will make a flat pattern for you, I would add that to the drawing (make sure you have...
3
3

Manufacturing of PVC Resin in Suspension process by Calcium carbonate
Dear all of you, I would like to know complete process about Manufacturing of PVC Resin in a Suspension process by Calcium Carbonate. Also If there any manufacturer in China which are used this...

Online Properties Databases
I have been trying to find the convection heat transfer coefficient for mineral oil. Upon doing so I haven't managed to find any good sources for material properties in general. There is a little bit...
3
3

Philips is looking for a Sr Mechanical Engineer
Hi Everyone. I'm just spreading the word that Philips is looking for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer for our Snoqualmie, WA office. Relocation is provided. Here are the requirements we are looking for - The...

Restricted internal combustion engines
As part of an engineering course, I have been presented with a list of topics to research. It seems that my next few tutorial sessions will deal with internal combustion engines quite deeply. This is...
9
9

Torsion & Compression/Extension In A Spring
A conventional spiral spring with a weight will have two components, torsion and extension. In general, if the mass has a diameter and moment of inertia, the torsion frequency will not match with the...
4
4

How to safely light a bonfire with rockets - VIDEO
I'm new to this group, but you seem like the type of people who would enjoy what I've done. Google Video Link: (can be found by doing a search for ' bonfire rockets' or "Pennywhistle Productions"...

Non Linear analysis
Hi all.. -Any one knows How to calculate/correlate the Coefficient of fritction with respect to surface fininsh (Ra). -Any one working with non linear analysis with hyper elastic models ( rubbers)...
3
3

Plastic Enclosure Design
Hi, I have a requirement to design a plastic enclosure for an application that should pass an immersion test (IPX8) of 2 meters for 4 hours. The plastic enclosure is made of cycoloy and I am presently...
4
4