insulation : thermal and acoustic

Hi,

I'm a scientific researcher in a french company. I'm looking for materials having good phonic and thermic insulation properties. What parameters are important ? Which materials could you recommand me ?

Thanks, Laetitia

Reply to
laetitia

It very much depends on the temperature you are trying to isolate and the frequency or frequencies you are trying to isolate.

For instance, some materials are much better at keeping out low frequencies and others are better at keeping out high ones. It depends, therefore, on your requirements.

Likewise, some insulations are good at very high temperatures but not so good at low ones. A vacuum is very good for low temperatures but often impractical at higher ones.

Reply to
Rusty