phonic and thermic insulation

Hi,

I'm a scientific researcher in a french company. I'm looking for materials having good phonic and thermic insulation properties. What parameters are important ? Which materials could you recommand me ?

Thanks, Laetitia

Reply to
laetitia

Cork. It has excellent sound absorbing and thermal insulation properties. It is also cheap and fire-resistant. Also, it is available as an off-the-shelf material, unlike the do-it-yourself syntactic composition suggested by that other poster.

Reply to
Mark Thorson

If you are interested in materials selection you might want to try something like this software.

You could produce a materials selection chart:
Probably you need something with low stiffness, and low thermal conductivity, but maybe you want to design a merit index depending on what other material properties are important. You really have to chose what parameters are important yourself unless you want to describe your problem more.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Peet