phonic and thermic insulation

Hi,
I'm a scientific researcher in a french company. I'm looking for materials having good phonic and thermic insulation properties.
What parameters are important ? Which materials could you recommand me ?
Thanks, Laetitia
laetitia wrote:

Cork. It has excellent sound absorbing and thermal insulation properties. It is also cheap and fire-resistant. Also, it is available as an off-the-shelf material, unlike the do-it-yourself syntactic composition suggested by that other poster.
If you are interested in materials selection you might want to try something like this software.
http://www.grantadesign.com/index.fr.htm
You could produce a materials selection chart: http://www-materials.eng.cam.ac.uk/mpsite/interactive_charts/default.html
Probably you need something with low stiffness, and low thermal conductivity, but maybe you want to design a merit index depending on what other material properties are important. You really have to chose what parameters are important yourself unless you want to describe your problem more.
Mathew