keyless drill chucks

There is an Ausonia 1-13 mm keyless chuck here on a 13 mm drill press. The chuck is roughly 30 years of age and has not received heavy use. When the power is
switched off and the spindle winds down, the chuck frequently loosens enough to allow the drill to fly out. As the chuck is turned to tighten or loosen, it is free of any friction or roughness.
I've just dismantled, cleaned out a few chips and reassembled with fresh grease. This had no effect on the loosening behaviour.
Seems that the problem might be just a geometrical feature of the design, such as the helix angle, which is problematic only after the surfaces are worn smooth from use.
Is there any solution other than buying a reverse-locking chuck?
If replacement is the best solution, I am interested in advice about brands. These are approximate local prices in Canadian dollars.
Rohm Spiro Heavy Duty 1/32 - 1/2" $210. Jacobs High Torque/High Precision .039" - 1/2" $325. Albrecht Classic 1/32" - 1/2" $345.
Thanks, Peter E.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Mike Halloran) wrote in message

Thanks Mike. Seems you prefer Albrecht above Jacobs. Will the Albrecht Classic always stay tight? Do I need the reverse-locking version?
Thanks, Peter E.
Albrecht is the only brand of chuck that's never loosened on me.
Not that I've tried 'em all; no reason to.
Don't know if you need deluxe features.
It's the only brand of keyless chuck I've ever seen used in a CNC toolchanger, and certainly the only brand I'd trust there. Okay, maybe I'd spring for an extra locking feature on CNC tooling.
-Mike-
Keyless Chuck was a blues guitarist, I believe.